Hurlimanns back at the den

Definitely an improvement on what we have ever had before, largest independent brewery in England I believe, when all the breweries were selling to the foreign companies , late 80's?, the family stood firm and refused all offers.
Big supporters of Kent CCC for many years.

Do you know, I think that was the last time I drank that as well. In the Simon. When the ex footballer had the pub. You probably know who I mean.
Would have been mid to late 80's mate. Also used to go in the Valentine on a Sunday then onto the Tanners for a lock in. Saw some awful states in there when bods got on the hurlimans. Alright one minute then lego drunk the next.

I am not a drinker, but one night in the 90's I was taken out by the fire crew from Sittingbourne.
They set me up with 4 pints of Hooligans.
Let's just say it was a very good job I wasn't driving that night.
Fucking horrendous stuff.

Used to drink that in The Sultan , corner of Lynton Road just down from Patterson Park . Think a few of our starting 11 must’ve had a few Hurlimanns before KO tonight .
My mate from galleywall school used to live in the sultan. In there every day after school for tea. Happy days

Drunk in the Simon meself. Early 80s. Worked opposite in a letterpress/litho print shop. Was a boozer on opposite the Simon bit further down which had the Friday afternoon strippers. Some decent sorts.
Johnny Boyle the guvnor.

Drunk in the Simon meself. Early 80s. Worked opposite in a letterpress/litho print shop. Was a boozer on opposite the Simon bit further down which had the Friday afternoon strippers. Some decent sorts.
Johnny Boyle the guvnor.
Last I saw of him he was mini-cabbing. Though that was a few years back. Good bloke he was.

Last I saw of him he was mini-cabbing. Though that was a few years back. Good bloke he was.

Yep, he come across as an ok bloke.

Bit of useless info here, I googled him to see if he was still living which he is and had a butchers at that ‘67 cup final stats. John wore the number 11 shirt for Chelsea, number 11 for Spurs was non other than the great Frank Saul.

Members online