How much was rowett right to go.

Rowett should have gone end of last season by giving him another transfer window he signed more shit and put us in a worse position before walking away he had no idea how to play attacking football just not in his nature

Rowett did a decent job , but as a well known manager once advised Kenny jacket if you can manage that club you can manage any club , 4 years of being really competitive in the dogfight the championship is on a limited budget is a quite impressive , the football wasn't always easy on the eye but there were plenty of good games the two home games with sheff utd and Burnley in a week showed a rowett team at its best in different ways, he needed to go and when he did it was probably as good a time as any . We have looked a bit off the pace all season , we also haven't got the breaks in any game of late , watford Southampton Sunderland, this year the championship is far harder this season as well , we have on paper a better squad than we had last season , can't judge a manager in 5 games , but there are some good signs and we are going to have some anxious moments but am looking forward to playing Everton next season

Ydays game we were the better team, & it was no corner like the Sunderland game bad call from the ref, again and they score from it
But as I said when gr left should have stayed longer as he had brought in a lot of new players, and he had a plan ?? I know his football was negative, but he got results. And we have to compost with prem teams coming down with 90 mill in there pockets
The championship is like the prem money buys you success

The loss of form from flemming is the catalyst to our mini collapse.its easy to blame the non move to the premier but to be honest he was shit at the end of last season.is enough being done by the club to right this.get someone to get inside his head a sports psychologist and find what's wrong

The loss of form from flemming is the catalyst to our mini collapse.its easy to blame the non move to the premier but to be honest he was shit at the end of last season.is enough being done by the club to right this.get someone to get inside his head a sports psychologist and find what's wrong
He should be our catalyst up top that joins everyone together. The pivot at 10 who can pick out Norton, longman, and Nisbet then move into space and create problems

Totally get it @Peckham Lion although after 4 seasons of GR ball it started to drain the life out of me.
Likewise mate. I think what made feel even worse was it was like a continuation of Harris ball that also took it's toll on us and Rowett took the brunt of peoples displeasure. But i will never knock Rowett for a few reasons, One is he did a lot off the field too in helping to modernising us. Overseas scouting,; signing younger players and not 30 year olds on a last payday.

The other reason and what some of the ones calling for his head refused to see/ accept was he knew what the players he inherited were and weren't capable of. We wouldn;t have occupied the top six playing any other way. He and now Edwards have players from Harris's tenure. They were bought for the rough and tumble of league one and were and still are drilled for football that is being left behind. People are saying Rowettt bought shit players, If that's the case it's even more comendable that he got us so close and to healthy finishes with no fear or thoughts of relegation.

Look at the players he inherited and what he bought. Cooper couldn't cushion a pass or keep it under control properly. His short passing was awful but you could see after a few weeks of Rowett taking over both Cooper and Hutch looked a lot more comfortable and competent with the ball at their feet. Fucking shocking when you think about it- pros that had nearly zero technical ability.

His acquisitions were all a step up technically and all very comfortable with the ball. I think once Edwards has done a few month the ones slating Rowett will see little change until he gets his own players in ( if he's still here next August) and realise why his football was shit in there words.

Rowett's tactics worked for three seasons but he never could get us over the line. This year his tactics fell flat on his face and he walked because he had no plan B and his limitations showed.
Edwards has inherited a team that cannot attack and has no attacking patterns of play, an ageing defence and a team that has little or no confidence. Yet somehow he has to turn this into a winning formula or make no mistake we are off to join the Trainspotters in the wilderness.
Can he do it, only time will tell would Jones, Beale, Warnock have turned us around, who knows. We had to make a change and change our style of football because under Rowett it was no fun and playing that style of football would ultimately have led us to the league one (well it already has set us on the path)
Back Edwards, give him financial support in January

When was the last time we played good stuff at the Den? When was the last time you enjoyed what was being served up? What manager? Genuine question cause i struggle to think of anyone since McGhee. A bit in league one and the championship with KJ. I think Rowett was the bridge to far and just a continuation of Harris's style which has ground people down.
I completely agree that following on from Harris We (me) expected a better way of playing /tactics,unfortunately we got more negative football,which as you say wore people down,my point being i was happy to see a change when Rowett went that might give us a different way of playing that we may find a bit more entertaining,not worked out so far but i really do think that this squad have enough to finish lower/mid table and Jan window hopefuĺly a couple in to freshen things up.
Jacketts fòotball was good until Wood left,
As for the fucking idiot who suggests were down already,dont go,dont encourage the players dont post nothing if only negative shit on here ,just keep taking whatever meds you must be on!

The players can't change a system of play & style spread back over several years in five games.
My mate literally said that to me this morning over the blower. His words which i've used because i think it covers it well was -- they've been drilled---- to play a certain way starting with Harris and Rowetts style was a slight upgrade with a bit of sugar on. Drilled- just repetitive until you could do it with your eyes closed. I only actually realized from looking back as some historic results that there's still a handful of regulars that Edwards has to choose from that played for Harris. With my brain being a bit fogged up at the moment i actually thought Harris had been gone a lot longer than he actually has.

My mate literally said that to me this morning over the blower. His words which i've used because i think it covers it well was -- they've been drilled---- to play a certain way starting with Harris and Rowetts style was a slight upgrade with a bit of sugar on. Drilled- just repetitive until you could do it with your eyes closed. I only actually realized from looking back as some historic results that there's still a handful of regulars that Edwards has to choose from that played for Harris. With my brain being a bit fogged up at the moment i actually thought Harris had been gone a lot longer than he actually has.

In a way, tactically, they are very similar and decent, honourable fellows as well... Club safety first above ego, and both were visibly shocked and genuinely upset at the passing of JB.

When was the last time we played good stuff at the Den? When was the last time you enjoyed what was being served up? What manager? Genuine question cause i struggle to think of anyone since McGhee. A bit in league one and the championship with KJ. I think Rowett was the bridge to far and just a continuation of Harris's style which has ground people down.
We played some really good stuff under Harris in 17/18. Jacket in 09/10 and 10/11 also.