Highs and Lows

albertrn

In all my seventy odd years supporting Millwall I have never felt so down as I am now following yesterday’s match. I hardly slept a wink last night trying to analyse what went wrong and have a splitting headache. My beloved wife cannot understand how I feel so no comfort from that quarter. Will I ever get over this who knows.

In all my seventy odd years supporting Millwall I have never felt so down as I am now following yesterday’s match. I hardly slept a wink last night trying to analyse what went wrong and have a splitting headache. My beloved wife cannot understand how I feel so no comfort from that quarter. Will I ever get over this who knows.
Spade over the head and under the Patio Job done albert :grinning:
But seriously give it a few decades, sorry weeks and it will soften the blow ha

Yeah different creatures completely aint they in many ways, get more excited about shoes and Tupperware boxes
Mind don't show her this I'm informed they tend to hold a grudge
:rolleyes:

An aggressive night wank helps you sleep mate.

Like you Albert I have been turning over Monday’s very disappointing defeat in my head. I cannot remember a season in 70+ years where we have come so far and fallen at the last hurdle. The only other comparable games where I have been so disillusioned about our collapse come to mind. The first is the defeat by Birmingham at the Den in the second leg of the playoffs. Stern John scoring right at the death and Kinet running up the line and kicking one of the water bottles right up in the air! If I recall we got in a lot of hot water when a fan kicked a police horse after the game.
The second was the defeat in the play off final against Scunthorpe. A completely unforgettable goal by Gary Alexander and a bad miss late on allowed them to score near the end and nick the game 3-2.I was devastated as I was convinced we’d win.
I know the old cliche that it is only football but that it when it applies to other clubs! Not Millwall!

Luckily I have a slightly more understanding wife than you mate. She gave me a right good nosh when I got home from the match. Made me feel a bit better.

Nothing will ever compare to the FA Cup semi final game against Wigan. It was the worst day I’ve ever experienced as a Wall fan of 40 years. Genuinely questioned what we were as a club and fan base. Kids seeing grown men snort coke off the food counters, fans fighting each other and a generally toxic atmosphere that didnt represent the club I grew up with. It was a shit day. The results now never really matter.
I’m over Monday now. I was Monday night. Blocked it out instantly because I know the pain is too much. When you have much bigger problems going on in life, Millwall takes a back seat. Monday would’ve been a nice tonic, but not to be. It could be worse, relegation is truly painful. Especially with the financial implications nowadays. Move on, immediately.

Nothing will ever compare to the FA Cup semi final game against Wigan. It was the worst day I’ve ever experienced as a Wall fan of 40 years. Genuinely questioned what we were as a club and fan base.
Likewise mate, Fucking disgraceful turnout and the first time i've felt ashamed to be Millwall. My ten year olds first big game and he had to witness pretty much what you've described. Blokes shoving lumps of bugle up and growling at bods with kids.

I had to clump two gurning fellas in the space of three minutes out on the concourse which looked like a make shift hospital on a battlefield. Was bringing my boy for a slash and these two cunts stick it on me. Bang bang, quick headbutt and a couple of volleys when they was laying in streams of piss. Game over. By this point my boy is crying his eyes out and shaking with fear.

It was obvious that many had been on it since Friday evening, 24 hours before kick off which was a fucking stupid time. Fellas being carried up Wembley way and into the ground cause they couldn't stand up. Ob just wanted everyone in the ground so stood by whilst the law was being broken by admitting people that were totally incoherent into the ground.

People i've never seen before or since fronting up dads with young kids, blue on blue tear ups all over the concousre we was next to. Bogs full of blokes and birds completely cabbaged from all the bugle they were ironing out. Old bill getting served up all over the shop, kids and women crying there eyes out from fear.

Leaving the place was worse but we was with a tight and sober mob of like minded chaps with there kids. We literally headed back to the tube whilst we kicked and punched people that was coming at us. Most of them you could push over. Then of course i had to explain it all to my ex who'd watched it all go off on TV.

I fucked off our next visit when we had Barnsley. My boy was okay with that cause i explained that i could not guarantee his or my safety and i didn;t want to have to get violent in front of him again.

Good call as it happened cause we lost. Went to the Bradford one with a load of wackers and stayed away fron the concourses at half time. Had a few sniffed up strings near us in the seats that got lairy and ironed out, but that's all we see thankfully.

Swerved the tube and all strolled back towards Willsden and got back that way. Was even questioning wheter i'd go if we made the final this season. I can quite happily swerve it after the events against Wigan.

I'm no saint and love a scrap but the Wigan game was an eye opener for me. To see blue on blue was a real choker and made me doubt and question my life long relationship with Millwall . If we didn't have our kids with us we'd have done some serious harm to what were supposed to be our own.

Likewise mate, Fucking disgraceful turnout and the first time i've felt ashamed to be Millwall. My ten year olds first big game and he had to witness pretty much what you've described. Blokes shoving lumps of bugle up and growling at bods with kids.

I had to clump two gurning fellas in the space of three minutes out on the concourse which looked like a make shift hospital on a battlefield. Was bringing my boy for a slash and these two cunts stick it on me. Bang bang, quick headbutt and a couple of volleys when they was laying in streams of piss. Game over. By this point my boy is crying his eyes out and shaking with fear.

It was obvious that many had been on it since Friday evening, 24 hours before kick off which was a fucking stupid time. Fellas being carried up Wembley way and into the ground cause they couldn't stand up. Ob just wanted everyone in the ground so stood by whilst the law was being broken by admitting people that were totally incoherent into the ground.

People i've never seen before or since fronting up dads with young kids, blue on blue tear ups all over the concousre we was next to. Bogs full of blokes and birds completely cabbaged from all the bugle they were ironing out. Old bill getting served up all over the shop, kids and women crying there eyes out from fear.

Leaving the place was worse but we was with a tight and sober mob of like minded chaps with there kids. We literally headed back to the tube whilst we kicked and punched people that was coming at us. Most of them you could push over. Then of course i had to explain it all to my ex who'd watched it all go off on TV.

I fucked off our next visit when we had Barnsley. My boy was okay with that cause i explained that i could not guarantee his or my safety and i didn;t want to have to get violent in front of him again.

Good call as it happened cause we lost. Went to the Bradford one with a load of wackers and stayed away fron the concourses at half time. Had a few sniffed up strings near us in the seats that got lairy and ironed out, but that's all we see thankfully.

Swerved the tube and all strolled back towards Willsden and got back that way. Was even questioning wheter i'd go if we made the final this season. I can quite happily swerve it after the events against Wigan.

I'm no saint and love a scrap but the Wigan game was an eye opener for me. To see blue on blue was a real choker and made me doubt and question my life long relationship with Millwall . If we didn't have our kids with us we'd have done some serious harm to what were supposed to be our own.
also pisses me off when you get this kind of pissed up coked up behaviour and you'll get a huge millwall crowd fronting up teams like...eh...wigan, and barnsley. fat derek with his limp and huge belly "oooh areee yaaaaa, come on then" to a bunch of wigan scarfers is a terrible look. at least wtih the everton stuff it was clearly like minded vs like minded. wembley should be a relaxed enjoyable day, normally in the sun, where you can savour the whole footballing nature of it. when the whole experience is like kick out time at some suburban shit hole town then yes, grim. we do like you do, avoid the crowds in the main.

and yes albert, devestating. a really brutal end to it all. i am thankful it's all over now for one year. we'll all soon start getting excited again in a few months time. remember too this is the championship, big teams rolling up at teh den each week with big followings. it truly is different to playing the likes of lincolns, walsalls, charltons, etc.

Exactly how I saw it mate. I was fortunate that my boy was too young to go and my old man didn’t fancy it, so I witnessed it on my own. Thankfully never seen anything like it again. I’m no saint and been in enough trouble over the years, but that afternoon was a shocker.

I'm still down about Monday. I think it was the manner of the defeat rather than the defeat, which I usually can take.

I said it on another thread, but the other two times I felt this bad about a loss was the 4-1 v Brighton away and the Ipswich 0-0 which got us relegated. Again, it wasn't the fact we lost those games but how we lost. That 1995 relegation was fucking pitiful.

What does an agressive wank consist of? Few slaps around the helmet whist you growl and shout at it? Wallop, come on you prick do you want some or what?

Asking for a friend who by complete coincidence is training to be an agressive wanker. Fancy that!
That friend Ulster by any chance ?

The trouble at the Wigan game was that my sons mate stood up to blokes pushing kids out of the way and down the stairs. We were in the upper and could only watch as he got battered and ended in A&E.