Hibs ‘friendly’ 1990

Deployed to the Gulf just after this. By that time I'd been in London for 10 years. Prior to that I lived and breathed Hibs being a mile away in Leith. Watched Hibs every time I went back, (still do). This was the most awkward game I've ever been to. I was a regular in the C&A so naturally I was Millwall on the day. I knew a lot of Hibs faces on the day and vice versa so the shit didn't seem to end. How I didn't get banged up I'll never know.

Great turn out by Hibs, I met P the suit in OKR but we were unscathed
It was a bit like Vermin smashing up the boozer with no one in it on youtube, described as taking liberties at Wallll

Chatting to their main fella Andy B about this. He admitted that Millwall didn’t have many out before the game and after the game, after word had spread that they was down taking liberties, and everyone started heading to the ground, the old bill saved them.

Chatting to their main fella Andy B about this. He admitted that Millwall didn’t have many out before the game and after the game, after word had spread that they was down taking liberties, and everyone started heading to the ground, the old bill saved them.
Seem to remember Herman had an interesting take on this and some of theirs got badly hurt after. But I was nowhere near so can only go on hearsay.

I was supposed to be going to a mates wedding reception that night but called into the Archer on my way home from work for a couple, around 3pm i left to go to the bookies near the Five Bells when about a dozen Hibs were passing me and started giving it to me, I fronted it but I'm no Ginger Bob and luckily I just got a load of verbal from them.
In the bookies I saw T who was one of the people running the Fox at the time and told him what had just happened, he said he would make a few phone calls and so did I once I got home.
When I got back we heard they had smashed up the Five Bells and attacked the Crown and Anchor, by this time a large mob of us had gathered and fortunately for them so had the police, a few got to them but only briefly and the Hibs lot wasn't so keen by this stage..

A few of them also got done at New Cross Gate... a couple ended up running down the tracks towards Brockley. They were outnumbered at the time, but most, if not all, of the Wall there were not 'chaps'...

i was in the crown that evening when they smashed the windows they had nicked all the pool balls and cues earlier so nothing to pick up,went to the toilet and found a toilet roll and put water on it to make a millwall half brick went steaming out and there were sixteen thousand of them wsofficer 👮‍♀️ fighting went on for at least half an hour windmills flying every where but i done ✔️ well ,now where’s that sweaty podca