Have we gone backwards under Edwards?

Like I've said before, I'm expecting us to go down this season, anything else is a bonus.

Nothing that I've seen so far since JE has taken over is making me think any different.

Getting in such a young manager with no experience with 'first team management' (especially at this level) is borderline callous and disrespectful to the fans that go and pay their wages to see such an abomination on the field. JE needs to start turning things around in the January window or it really is League one here we come... It's OK for him... he can jump as sinking ship... but this is our team for the rest of our lives!

Current form:
W: 1 D: 3 L: 4 - That is only a 12.5% win ratio

Pretty sure Hollway's record was better than that!

This season is all about just staying up now. And then give edwards a couple of transfer windows and see how the start of next season pans out
I think it will come down to our results against the bottom three. Give them points and we are in trouble. We just need three teams that are worse than us as i can't see us going on a winning spree any time soon.
I think the manager situation depends on if he can keep the dressing room on side. We have some rebels that will speak their mind such as Saville.

But let's not let the facts get in the way.
1703491105210.png

Whilst we're on the subject of facts and still sticking the boot in i think it's right to point out the small fact in the far right column. If it's all Rowetts fault for where we are now then surley it's also his fault for having us in the top six for 10 of the last eleven weeks of the season? Or are we going to play the joker card again and credit that to Harris's signings again? The same ones that were responsible for a rip roaring 21st in the table the previous season? This is getting confusing now.

The general consensus that games under Rowett was one long borefest baffles me. Of course there was games that were tight but that is just the nature of how football is played nowadays. There were actually plenty of highlights, take last season the home wins against Stoke, Coventry, Watford, Sheffield Utd were excellent and the draw with high flying Burnley was a greatly entertaining game, even Vincent Kompany acknowledged afterwards he was happy to take a draw.

Our away form was good too bringing impressive wins at tricky places like Preston, Cardiff and Bristol city while the two nil victory at Watford last Boxing Day was probably the most complete away performances I’ve seen from a Millwall side in years.

Posters like to say about our loss of form toward the end of last season, often crowbarring it in with this years early season stuttering start but no one seems to understand or acknowledge how much injuries, fatigue and of course pressure played a part. All of this was perfectly summed by the last few minutes of the now notorious Blackburn game when the match was in the balance, so much so that one goal would have got us over the line. Tyler Burey got down the left and fired in a low cross that the keeper managed to punch out by there was no Millwall player to put it away, they just didn’t have the legs left. Blacburn broke and scored and that was that.

Players like Saville, Bradshaw, Cooper, Wallace, Mitchell etc literally ran themselves into the ground and just didn’t have enough in the tank. And this is it, the same things that hamstrung Rowett like a limited budget, having to spin plates with players that are prone to pick up knocks and loss of form are the same things that Edwards will have to deal with.

Overall as is becoming more and more apparent Rowett done a good job with what he had at his disposal and there is nothing wrong in pointing that out. However it is wrong to assume that those of us who recognise what Rowett done are against Edwards. Nothing could be further from the truth, I desperately want Joe to succeed, it was a brave appointment by the club and one that we all hope will succeed. A win against QPR will go a long way to putting us on the road so let’s do our part and back Joe and the boys.

Come on you fucking lions.

The general consensus that games under Rowett was one long borefest baffles me. Of course there was games that were tight but that is just the nature of how football is played nowadays. There were actually plenty of highlights, take last season the home wins against Stoke, Coventry, Watford, Sheffield Utd were excellent and the draw with high flying Burnley was a greatly entertaining game, even Vincent Kompany acknowledged afterwards he was happy to take a draw.

Our away form was good too bringing impressive wins at tricky places like Preston, Cardiff and Bristol city while the two nil victory at Watford last Boxing Day was probably the most complete away performances I’ve seen from a Millwall side in years.

Posters like to say about our loss of form toward the end of last season, often crowbarring it in with this years early season stuttering start but no one seems to understand or acknowledge how much injuries, fatigue and of course pressure played a part. All of this was perfectly summed by the last few minutes of the now notorious Blackburn game when the match was in the balance, so much so that one goal would have got us over the line. Tyler Burey got down the left and fired in a low cross that the keeper managed to punch out by there was no Millwall player to put it away, they just didn’t have the legs left. Blacburn broke and scored and that was that.

Players like Saville, Bradshaw, Cooper, Wallace, Mitchell etc literally ran themselves into the ground and just didn’t have enough in the tank. And this is it, the same things that hamstrung Rowett like a limited budget, having to spin plates with players that are prone to pick up knocks and loss of form are the same things that Edwards will have to deal with.

Overall as is becoming more and more apparent Rowett done a good job with what he had at his disposal and there is nothing wrong in pointing that out. However it is wrong to assume that those of us who recognise what Rowett done are against Edwards. Nothing could be further from the truth, I desperately want Joe to succeed, it was a brave appointment by the club and one that we all hope will succeed. A win against QPR will go a long way to putting us on the road so let’s do our part and back Joe and the boys.

Come on you fucking lions.

Very well said, mate. And I totally agree with all of it.

:santa:

Don't have a clue whether Edwards is going to turn out to be a good, bad or indifferent manager/head coach for us. However, really impressed with his handling of Emaku. When he failed to put away the chance in the last minute at Stoke it would have been easy to have him on the bench again for QPR which wouldn't have helped his confidence. Starting Emaku showed that Edwards has faith in him and he responded Tuesday and last night.

Like I've said before, I'm expecting us to go down this season, anything else is a bonus.

Nothing that I've seen so far since JE has taken over is making me think any different.
How about the last two performances? You must be a bit more confident now eh?

Tis a long season John and there's plenty of time to find form again.

Keep the faith.

The team spirit and fight from the team that had gone missing from Rowett this season was very much in evidence again.
Instead of hoofing it we tried to play it out (varying success) and every player put in a complete shift which had very obviously gone missing under Rowett,
When we had the ball we did try to get on the front foot and i feel that team are really trying for JE which i also feel had gone for rowett