Have we gone backwards under Edwards?

Nottswall

we offer nothing going forwards, under Rowitt, we had one of the best away points return, no football, no shots, can't pass, can't keep the ball, we are shit and it's getting worse. Coyl.

This season is all about just staying up now. And then give edwards a couple of transfer windows and see how the start of next season pans out
Spot on.

Problem is staying up will be a struggle. Thinking positively, we are not the only ones struggling: Wednesday, Rovrum, Huddersfield, Stoke, Cardiff - there are probably others - were all pretty ropey.

To state the bleeding obvious, we just need to make sure that, at least 3 of them finish below us.

I’m not sure that we are in a position to be firing and hiring managers as and when we like. We’re gonna have to get behind JE as best we can and hope that with our support and a bit of togetherness in the squad we can get ourselves to safety. Two absolutely huge games coming up against QPR in the next month or so.

Joe Edwards "I thought it was a solid performance from us. We obviously came to an opponent without a clear picture or idea of what they were going to be with such a new manager. We focused very much on us. We wanted to come and really control any new manager bounce or energy that the stadium would have. I thought we did that really well and that was what pleased me in the first half. We looked a lot more comfortable in possession than we have done in recent weeks, albeit the final bit wasn't there, we didn't create loads in front of goal."

Fucking hell.

Still think he is weighing up the squad, at least I hope so.
Of course he is, are people thinking he’s gonna come in, change a hoofball team to a Man City in a couple of months and piss the league. With the same players. Maybe think about it for a minute. I’m actually happy we possess the ball for half the game without being penned in our box for minutes on end waiting for our net to bulge. Hopefully with some recruitment and more knowledge we can add goals to our game.

I think we are nailed on to go down under this manager. He was clueless today. His subs were terrible and he made no tactical changes. We have no game plan, no identity and no idea. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but I honestly think he is way out of his depth.
The one thing that really goes against Edwards is that he’s been a No. 2 at two different Premier clubs! That in itself isn’t a bad thing, but when the No. 1 at both those clubs was Frank Lampard, you have to wonder what pearls of footballing wisdom the ex vermin scum has whispered in Edwards’ shell like, bearing in mind he himself didn’t pull up any trees at both Chelsea & Everton!

It would have been better for us if Edwards had been a No. 2 under someone like Colin Wanker, or another manager with that same sort of experience in the Championship, which might then have prepared Edwards for the baptism of fire that he currently finds himself going through!

The "Gary Rowett, your football is sh*t" brigade will have to change their song soon. As I've always said, GR's style of football was attritional, but highly effective at picking up points. Perhaps people would prefer to lose stylishly every week, rather than grinding out boring home draws and picking up points consistently away from home. I can't see how they're going to be happy with the style of football at the moment.

However, personally, I think that this proves that JE is doing rather well. He inherited a team on the slide, drilled extremely effectively by an experienced manager in one style of play. If he'd tried to change the style of play completely with the same set of players the results would have been even worse.

All in all, we've had some bad luck, some poor decisions and made some individuals errors that have turned wins into draws and draws into defeats. I can't see that JE is at fault for this. He's trying to play to the strengths of the players, whilst tinkering around the edges and altering things gradually.

His biggest strength is going to be developing the younger players, but unfortunately, he's going to have to pick up points at the same time. They youngsters are simply not consistent enough to build a team around.

Last edited:
The "Gary Rowett, your football is sh*t" brigade will have to change their song soon. As I've always said, GR's style of football was attritional, but highly effective at picking up points. Perhaps people would prefer to lose stylishly every week, rather than grinding out boring home draws and picking up points consistently away from home. I can't see how they're going to be happy with the style of football at the moment.

However, personally, I think that this proves that JE is doing rather well. He inherited a team on the slide, drilled extremely effectively by an experienced manager in one style of play. If he'd tried to change the style of play completely with the same set of players the results would have been even worse.

All, in all, we've had some bad luck, some poor decisions and made some individuals errors that have turned wins into draws and draws into defeats. I can't see that JE is at fault for this. He's trying to play to the strengths of the players, whilst tinkering around the edges and altering things gradually.

His biggest strength is going to be developing the younger players, but unfortunately, he's going to have to pick up points at the same time. They youngsters are simply not consistent enough to build a team around.
Agree with a lot of this, however continuing to building a team around Flemming will get us relegated, slow, unfit, uninterested the bloke needs dropping pronto!

All, in all, we've had some bad luck, some poor decisions and made some individuals errors that have turned wins into draws and draws into defeats. I can't see that JE is at fault for this. He's trying to play to the strengths of the players, whilst tinkering around the edges and altering things gradually.

Excellent post

Need to give him till after the January sales ,lots of whispers going round on potential signings then when & if we have the players capable of playing his style then judge him

Have you already forgotten the crap GR got because of results under him. If you want to sack every manager we get because the team are not playing like barcelona in their hay day, you will be destroying what Wall is about. 'The underdog' having their day every so often.