Harry Toffolo betting charge

Its not like there are not things to bet on other than football. The rule is very clear. If you are a player in the English football league. Dont bet on football matches....... or get your misses to put the bet on for you using her account and employ a good barrister.

If you want to bet you will find a way or persons to assist you , you should be able to gamble on any match ,sport that you have not direct involvement in, im afraid it is an addiction to a lot of people in every walk of life and one that will never be solved or cured , as I said earlier the FA should clear up their own house before they pass sentence on anyone else

If you were addicted to gambling or on the road to addiction?
Yes unfortunately. Like i said the bookie ain't gonna stop people gambling. The help will on;y come when the problem gets out of hand, same for booze and drugs. That is when personal responsibility comes into it.

There are some similarities in drink, drug and gambling addiction so where do you draw the line between personal responsibility and those that are encouraging/benefitting from your addiction?
How those the bookie know you're a problem gambler? It;s shit but is isn't there responsibility until the gambler asks to be barred which they'll do. Sam e for drink, a pub don't know you're an alcoholic and it's not there job to know. There has to some sort of self management unless you want to liove in a nanny state where we are governed to the extreme.

I am with you mate but there are two people in the relationship. the bookie and the punter and both must have agencey to police themselves. Gambling is indeed highly addictive and the bookie exist because of that but the punter must take responsibility as well.