Great performance

8 points clear of QPR now, who are still 3rd from bottom (though how Ipswich couldn’t beat them at home is beyond belief!)

Let’s hope Edwards can get his loan players in early next week, and get some more pace into the team. We usually play better 2nd half of the season, so with the squad’s new found belief, and new players coming in, we should have enough to finish at least mid table this season!

8 points clear of QPR now, who are still 3rd from bottom (though how Ipswich couldn’t beat them at home is beyond belief!)

Let’s hope Edwards can get his loan players in early next week, and get some more pace into the team. We usually play better 2nd half of the season, so with the squad’s new found belief, and new players coming in, we should have enough to finish at least mid table this season!
who would you drop for a pacey loan player?

“From NAD 👍 Millwall loud and proud- we have our Millwall back 👍👏👏👏
It’s Joe Edwards’ biggest victory in terms of importance so far in his short reign and the first time Millwall have won back-to-back games since March. It’s also a hat-trick of clean sheets for a side that have looked leaky for much of the season.

But perhaps most notably the game saw The Den roaring with life in the second half as a fanbase who have spent much of the calendar year frustrated backed their team to the hilt.”

Obviously living in the Philippines I didnt get to see the game but the result didnt surprise me. As I dont have the luxury of watching the lads live, I have to make judgements on any and all other info. It's the reason I have not jumped on the bandwagon with regards to Edwards despite a few dodgy results. Firstly the guy needs time, anyone who thinks he is coming in and changing it up over night is in cuckoo land, 3-4 months, until the end of the season etc, far more sensible a period to judge.

Put it simply, it is obvious he has changed formation, style of play, that alone is going to take time to get consistent at, but the possession stats are improving aswell, ok last night a bit different as Norwich play possession football themselves and are well drilled at it. 2 upfront at home, makes a difference, more attacking intent, puts the other team on the backfoot a little more, inviting a little more pressure from us. What we have to do is capitalize on that when we do have the ball and judging from everything I have read about last night, its exactly what we did. Honestly, from his first couple of games, even through the defeats, the stats and line up etc, they told you what he was trying to do, the vibe from the posts on here were different, whether that is because its a new manager or not, Im not sure, but it was positive even in defeat at times. Give this guy a chance and he will takes us places, I am absolutely positive about it. Good times ahead, just accept that there will be bumps in the road from time to time.

Enjoy Bristol those that are going, I always enjoyed my visits there ;) Hen and Chicken anyone - We're to sexy for your pub!!!!!!!

who would you drop for a pacey loan player?
Not drop, but replace.

Send Campbell and Longman back to their respective clubs, and use their loan money to bring in some pacy midfielders. It’s been shown in the last few games that when we break forward, our midfield can often get easily caught up by the opposition and have the ball taken off them.

Other times, when players like Watmore or Emakhu break forward, there often isn’t another player capable of keeping up with their pace to be able to support them, and so the move breaks down because Watmore or Emakhu just run into a couple of opposition defenders who simply snuff their threat out!

“From NAD 👍 Millwall loud and proud- we have our Millwall back 👍👏👏👏
It’s Joe Edwards’ biggest victory in terms of importance so far in his short reign and the first time Millwall have won back-to-back games since March. It’s also a hat-trick of clean sheets for a side that have looked leaky for much of the season.

But perhaps most notably the game saw The Den roaring with life in the second half as a fanbase who have spent much of the calendar year frustrated backed their team to the hilt.”
Email from the Club…

You don't forget those nights at The Den...

The Lions were well and truly roaring against Norwich City and we loved celebrating tonight's emphatic win with you, our incredible supporters.

As 2023 now draws to a close, we look ahead to Bristol City on New Year's Day, which is available for worldwide streaming.

If you are not making the trip to Ashton Gate, for just £10 you can catch the all the action through Millwall TV by securing a streaming pass down below!”

Emakhu is still.learning the game at at times he shows but his link up with cuffy gave them problems so that's something to work on , honeyman up front gives us the energy to try and shut them down but does not help in the scoring stakes but it works to a degree, Fleming still not at the races and is defo just a bench player at present ,goalie getting better and looks good when the ball gets crossed now, will miss Savile drive & busty performances but it's a chance for maybe Billy to impress by filling his boots, great game last night against a decent side ,ride our luck in the first 15-20 minutes but after that just a couple of routine saves needed & we had chances to go further ahead , got to carry this belief into the Bristol game. Coyl

Members online