Grace Laverick; Millwall Lioness

PurleyLion

Staff member
GoFund2.png

I've contributed and if several more also do it's possible we could go some way towards the £10k target.

Does anyone have a player contact? If so, ask if they are aware of Grace's predicament. Given the ridiculous amounts of money they are paid, I'm sure they could raise the £10k without a sweat.

£4083 raised already (y)

Last edited:
Just a pound from each of our average support and she's more than there. Young enough to recover from this and still have along career.
Well done highlighting this Purley. Do we know is the main club doing anything on this? The OS carries the Lionesses match reports so an item on there may reap dividends.

Just a pound from each of our average support and she's more than there. Young enough to recover from this and still have along career.
Well done highlighting this Purley. Do we know is the main club doing anything on this? The OS carries the Lionesses match reports so an item on there may reap dividends.
I was going to forward the above attachment to Kavanagh and ask him if the 1st Team squad would be interested in contributing. Given the vast amounts they are paid I don’t think it would be too difficult to raise the outstanding £6000.

Haven’t done it yet but hope to in the next couple of days.

Great idea Purley. I hadn't realised Grace's appeal has already been going for a few weeks so has probably gone a bit flat by now? But not sure how wide within the club it has been promoted.
Great suggestion on your part, I don't have any contact on the inside so leave it with you then. Cheers

I was going to forward the above attachment to Kavanagh and ask him if the 1st Team squad would be interested in contributing. Given the vast amounts they are paid I don’t think it would be too difficult to raise the outstanding £6000.

Haven’t done it yet but hope to in the next couple of days.
Are the Lionesses not affiliated to the club? I only ask because why are they not paying for the treatment of one of their player?

Are the Lionesses not affiliated to the club? I only ask because why are they not paying for the treatment of one of their player?
If you are interested Doc see here on the OS a bit about the Lionesses history.

The Lionesses become the first women's football team to affiliate to a professional men's team the 1980's and had a very successful run becoming one of the top women's teams in the country. However, in May 2019, following some financial problems, it was announced that the Lionesses would split from Millwall FC forming a breakaway club named London City Lionesses. For the 2019/20 season, the Millwall Lionesses reformed/fully came back as part of the Millwall FC structure under the management of the Millwall Community Trust.

Millwall Lionesses are currently playing in the London & South East Regional Women’s League where they sit fifth in the Premier league, and play their home games at the St Paul's sportsground in Rotherhithe.

That's all my understanding anyway!

Grace - how much do you still need. Private message me and let me know and I will make up the balance required. Best wishes, T28ColdBlowLion

Grace - how much do you still need. Private message me and let me know and I will make up the balance required. Best wishes, T28ColdBlowLion
I made the original post and have no direct contact with Grace 🤷‍♂️

The current Just Giving total is £4348, which leaves Grace £5652 short.

I've messaged Steve Kavanagh with some suggestions. It appears the email got as far as Alex Russell (a bloke) who has replied in, what seems to me as, a curt manner with a couple of "!"s saying, in effect, mind your own business 🤷‍♂️

I apologise if I've got it wrong but can't say I'm too impressed :shake:

Last edited:
Yeah but no-one gave a fk. I haven't even heard from the woman herself. It's a joke. £1,500 donated including the site's fkg fees and fkg nothing. And we are misogynist? We just can't help women coz they just hate men and won't interact with us even when we are trying to help them with all the money they need and want. They just hate men no matter what we try to do for them no strings attached ?

Anyway I've given £1,500 of my families money to her even if she doesn't give a fk just because I am of the designated male species at birth - there is nothing I can do about that. My apologies 😕

Members online