GR - Stop treating us like idiots

Romney Lion

Reading GR's post match comments to Sky he alluded to taking a gamble around the 60th minute when we were 1-0 down. Taking a gamble did that mean sticking Coops up front or changing the formation or going three up front? Because from where I was he simply went like for like and kept the 5-2-1-2 formation. Maybe the gamble was playing a right winger left wing back or swapping the right wing left back for a striker at left wing back. Perhaps it was playing a defensive midfielder in the number 10 role or playing a winger as a striker yes they were gambles but for the life of me I totally missed GR's 'gamble' as he tried to get us back into the game.

Oh and GR the 5-2-1-2 left us overloaded in the middle of the park which is exactly where all three Leeds goals came from. You can talk a good game but I'm sick and tired of the dire football that you continue to deliver and while an element of our support sing your praises because 'we are punching above our weight' No we are Millwall and we always punch above our weight it's in our history. The most ridiculous quote I read was 'There was no way we were ever beating Leeds' if only I had known I wouldn't have bothered turning up. All I will say is thank god that there are some who can see through the bollox and who know what this club is all about.

There are plenty of good managers out there who could get our talented squad playing and who could actually make us worth watching and until we get one of them, GR will never change. we will join the growing legion of fans who sing 'Gary Rowett your football is shit' I've got nothing against the man but this is my football club and I care about it.

We have dug a hole with GR and its getting bigger , fans are spot on about his football / tactics but he gets away with it , I say again that this is the best squad in years but are playing the worst boring football I've seen in years , either he changes his football ethos or the board change him, let's see what happens on Wednesday night ,a win will only be papering over the cracks

There are plenty of good managers out there who could get our talented squad playing and who could actually make us worth watching and until we get one of them, GR will never change. we will join the growing legion of fans who sing 'Gary Rowett your football is shit' I've got nothing against the man but this is my football club and I care about it.

In fairness, I don't see plenty of good unemployed managers out there that we could afford? A few journey men, maybe. But at present, probably no better than Rowlett.

Unfortuantely, we will have to bimble along for the time being and hope GR finds a way to glue it all altogether or someone worthy becomes available in October/ November...Because, the board won't be sacking a manager with a decent record and a good relationship with the club anytime soon on the back of seven points from the opening six games. Especially when we have a bunch of new players and a few injuries.

:grinning:

In fairness, I don't see plenty of good unemployed managers out there that we could afford? A few journey men, maybe. But at present, probably no better than Rowlett.

Unfortuantely, we will have to bimble along for the time being and hope GR finds a way to glue it all altogether or someone worthy becomes available in October/ November...Because, the board won't be sacking a manager with a decent record and a good relationship with the club anytime soon on the back of seven points from the opening six games. Especially when we have a bunch of new players and a few injuries.

:grinning:
I’d say Chris Wilder would be a very good fit. Won promotion with Oxford, Northampton, two divisions with Sheff Utd. Only place he’s failed is Boro where he fell out with the chairman early doors. Never been a big spender and would certainly have no relegation fears with him in charge. Down to earth fella would really suit us.

I think Nathan Jones would be a good fit if GR were to go. I dont particularly like the bloke but he has a bit of passion about him and although he has had a couple of stinker jobs this is his sort of club, budget and level I think. I still cant believe Luton went up as thought they werent much better than us, but he did get them playing a bit of football at times before he went to Southampton and the players always looked like they wanted to play for him.

We have dug a hole with GR and its getting bigger , fans are spot on about his football / tactics but he gets away with it , I say again that this is the best squad in years but are playing the worst boring football I've seen in years , either he changes his football ethos or the board change him, let's see what happens on Wednesday night ,a win will only be papering over the cracks
The last comment is spot on and has been going on longer than some realise. We’ve rarely played well during his 4 years, we grind out results often spending most of the second half on the back foot. Stoke at home this season was typical of this, sat back and was lucky to win. Those sorts of games make up a large % of Millwall wins under GR, he’s been lucky as far as I’m concerned and his lucks now running out. I hate what he’s turned this club into and can’t wait for him to go.

I can't disagree with anything that's been said. The football is functional if I'm being kind, boring and unexciting if I'm not.

The trouble is that who do we get? Wilder is a very similar manager to Rowett, in terms of philosophy and formation so I'm not sure that would be an upgrade or a change. Nathan Jones? Just no.

I can't disagree with anything that's been said. The football is functional if I'm being kind, boring and unexciting if I'm not.

The trouble is that who do we get? Wilder is a very similar manager to Rowett, in terms of philosophy and formation so I'm not sure that would be an upgrade or a change. Nathan Jones? Just no.
Colin wankers on the loose again!

Warnock would love to manage us. Probably too old now. Kevin Muscat is doing a very good job in Japan. Alex Rae to give it a go as a manager?

If we were to drop GR I would want Graham Potter as a replacement. Gets his teams playing decent football. Neither of those two things are going to happen.

Yes, I know he failed big time at Chelsea but Harry Potter couldn't get them playing well!

If we were to drop GR I would want Graham Potter as a replacement. Gets his teams playing decent football. Neither of those two things are going to happen.

Yes, I know he failed big time at Chelsea but Harry Potter couldn't get them playing well!
He's holding out for a champions league club