GR and the players

Good post P, on Saturday the main school of thought i had throughout the game was that "something is just not right" i just cant put my finger on it. The squad is most definitely good enough. But their seems to be no desire, no drive.. To me, we looked rudderless on the pitch, playing with no direction.
I've never called for GR to go, but to keep losing by so many goals, and at home ........................... i feel that something is not right.

I think he has two weeks, before JB's son will be forced to look at it more in depth. I would like him to stay and finish the job, and definitely don't want to go down playing gung-ho football. We have the squad to get in the play-offs and i believe the manager. We just need the two to connect.
What makes you say two weeks ED?

We haven't had much to cheer for some time if you include Harris's stint as well bar the cup run and a few games here and there. It's a tough one cause Rowett got us to within a whisker of the plays last season playing his brand of football.

I think we've recruited quite well and on paper look a stronger squad but something is clearly not right. Whether it's unrest within the squad or Rowett not being able to grasp or deal with the attacking side of game i don;t know but every player and manager at this level has there limitations and i think it;s beginning to show and hinder us.

As you know mate i'm a season ticket holder and follow them up and down the country. I go more for the social and to catch up with like minded chaps who i;ve being going with for 35 plus year. Little by little our group is getting smaller as bods swerve games that they'd never have missed in the past. I have missed the last two homes, partly to ill health although that never stopped me in the past. I couldn't even get a taker for the free use of my season ticket when i offered it about. I always used to go with a positive mindset, defeat was never considered. I can't say the same this season, i go more in hope that we don't lose rather than thinking we're gonna win.

We can accept losing when the team give there all. I remember the Birmingham games years back. We had players sent off, the ref was an absolute cunt, we got hammered but the players gave everything they had and were clapped off at full time. That's all we ask for. Rowett knows us well now, he knows how he we tick and what we demand.

The likes of Jimmy Abdou wasn't blessed with skill but he played for the shirt and fans. Same as Alan Dunne and Robbo to name a few. What they lacked in technique and natural talent they made up with passion, desire and the hearts of Lions. Harris knew how important that was and it got him results when the odds were stacked against us. Sadly it seems Rowett can't ignite that fire in the belly that we expect and what has served us so well in the past. It's the bare minimum requirement when wearing the Lion on your chest.
Hey mate, I’m sure you’ll get over it very soon like a true Lion - all the best! The “Lionheart” aspect of the team seems to be adrift at the moment although we saw a glimpse of it vs Stoke.
Take care

Not surprised the squad probably have copped the hump, the team that done so well (with only one striker for three quarters of the season) have been binned off other than the two CB, one of which is crocked.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your health Peckham. Looking at the timeline it looks as though it started around the time of the fall out with Life with the Lions. So, either you’re missing the warmth of the bromance or he’s got a voodoo doll of you and is sticking pins in. I have noticed that he comes on here especially on match days so a reconciliation might be on the cards and, if your health improves at the same time, we’ll know that you were just missing him!

PS get well