GR and the players

Has GR lost the players? They look like a team without heart or management motivation. Why is Saville not playing ?- something not right there. And GR’s post match analysis was to blame the players - but he sets the tactics, chooses the team, motivates. These are clear signs that the players are not listening
He consistently blames the players and never takes ownership or accountability for abject performances. That’s one of many of his blind spots.

I heard on a Podcast at the end of last season that that they spoke to a player who they did not name and he said that like us he did not like the tactics as he would rather attack but if we get results playing this way what can you say (or words to that effect). GR has probably not lost the dressing room (yet) but like me they live in hope that he will return to a back 4 and have a strike partnership and play the in form players in their preferred positions.

I'm not one to turn on my own and I have thought there's been a lot of forgetting about Wall's not very glamorous football history. But I can't give him my vote anymore. I haven't enjoyed watching us for some time. As always the main draw is seeing my mates and the whole match day vibe. His football is no fun to watch and when it's not getting results either you do start to think what's the point?

Playing Campbell in front of Saville and Mitchell is an insult to both in my opinion. As is the strange omission of Wes Harding, who I thought played very well when he came on against Brum.

Subbing Longman and BNC was strange. Longman was booked, but he is one of our very few attacking threats at the moment. There were multiple tactical changes in that game and players changed positions quite a few times. A complete mess all round.

If Rowett doesn't know his best team, then I have some advice. Pick your best players in their best positions in whatever formation suits.

I'm not one to turn on my own and I have thought there's been a lot of forgetting about Wall's not very glamorous football history. But I can't give him my vote anymore. I haven't enjoyed watching us for some time. As always the main draw is seeing my mates and the whole match day vibe. His football is no fun to watch and when it's not getting results either you do start to think what's the point?
Great point

He consistently blames the players and never takes ownership or accountability for abject performances. That’s one of many of his blind spots.
Will never admit his tactics etc are boring and always blames the player(s), think he as lost the dressing room as the players coming out are not what I would call " millwall"

His football is no fun to watch and when it's not getting results either you do start to think what's the point?
We haven't had much to cheer for some time if you include Harris's stint as well bar the cup run and a few games here and there. It's a tough one cause Rowett got us to within a whisker of the plays last season playing his brand of football.

I think we've recruited quite well and on paper look a stronger squad but something is clearly not right. Whether it's unrest within the squad or Rowett not being able to grasp or deal with the attacking side of game i don;t know but every player and manager at this level has there limitations and i think it;s beginning to show and hinder us.

As you know mate i'm a season ticket holder and follow them up and down the country. I go more for the social and to catch up with like minded chaps who i;ve being going with for 35 plus year. Little by little our group is getting smaller as bods swerve games that they'd never have missed in the past. I have missed the last two homes, partly to ill health although that never stopped me in the past. I couldn't even get a taker for the free use of my season ticket when i offered it about. I always used to go with a positive mindset, defeat was never considered. I can't say the same this season, i go more in hope that we don't lose rather than thinking we're gonna win.

We can accept losing when the team give there all. I remember the Birmingham games years back. We had players sent off, the ref was an absolute cunt, we got hammered but the players gave everything they had and were clapped off at full time. That's all we ask for. Rowett knows us well now, he knows how he we tick and what we demand.

The likes of Jimmy Abdou wasn't blessed with skill but he played for the shirt and fans. Same as Alan Dunne and Robbo to name a few. What they lacked in technique and natural talent they made up with passion, desire and the hearts of Lions. Harris knew how important that was and it got him results when the odds were stacked against us. Sadly it seems Rowett can't ignite that fire in the belly that we expect and what has served us so well in the past. It's the bare minimum requirement when wearing the Lion on your chest.

We haven't had much to cheer for some time if you include Harris's stint as well bar the cup run and a few games here and there. It's a tough one cause Rowett got us to within a whisker of the plays last season playing his brand of football.

I think we've recruited quite well and on paper look a stronger squad but something is clearly not right. Whether it's unrest within the squad or Rowett not being able to grasp or deal with the attacking side of game i don;t know but every player and manager at this level has there limitations and i think it;s beginning to show and hinder us.

As you know mate i'm a season ticket holder and follow them up and down the country. I go more for the social and to catch up with like minded chaps who i;ve being going with for 35 plus year. Little by little our group is getting smaller as bods swerve games that they'd never have missed in the past. I have missed the last two homes, partly to ill health although that never stopped me in the past. I couldn't even get a taker for the free use of my season ticket when i offered it about. I always used to go with a positive mindset, defeat was never considered. I can't say the same this season, i go more in hope that we don't lose rather than thinking we're gonna win.

We can accept losing when the team give there all. I remember the Birmingham games years back. We had players sent off, the ref was an absolute cunt, we got hammered but the players gave everything they had and were clapped off at full time. That's all we ask for. Rowett knows us well now, he knows how he we tick and what we demand.

The likes of Jimmy Abdou wasn't blessed with skill but he played for the shirt and fans. Same as Alan Dunne and Robbo to name a few. What they lacked in technique and natural talent they made up with passion, desire and the hearts of Lions. Harris knew how important that was and it got him results when the odds were stacked against us. Sadly it seems Rowett can't ignite that fire in the belly that we expect and what has served us so well in the past. It's the bare minimum requirement when wearing the Lion on your chest.
It’s the lack of desire and fight that got my back up on Saturday. The likes of Coops, Leonard, Murray and Bryan were putting it in but others such as Fleming were just swanning around without a care in the world. This is supposed to be a Millwall team, we should at least be getting stuck in to the opposition and making life uncomfortable for them. Not sitting back and surrendering.

Spot on P. Very sorry to hear about your health. Hope things are improving. Sent you a message after I saw B at the Leeds game and he mentioned it.

Spot on P. Very sorry to hear about your health. Hope things are improving. Sent you a message after I saw B at the Leeds game and he mentioned it.
Cheers mate. Appreciated. Still, as much as i don't like not going i've managed to swerve two 3-0 defeats. I actually busted a bollock during the week to sort out briefs for B for that game cause there weren't many spares flying about. I got some last minute for him after calling in a favour owed. I felt awful when i see the FT score. He must have been cursing me :grinning: :grinning:

Good post P, on Saturday the main school of thought i had throughout the game was that "something is just not right" i just cant put my finger on it. The squad is most definitely good enough. But their seems to be no desire, no drive.. To me, we looked rudderless on the pitch, playing with no direction.
I've never called for GR to go, but to keep losing by so many goals, and at home ........................... i feel that something is not right.

I think he has two weeks, before JB's son will be forced to look at it more in depth. I would like him to stay and finish the job, and definitely don't want to go down playing gung-ho football. We have the squad to get in the play-offs and i believe the manager. We just need the two to connect.

Sorry you're not feeling great, P.
Hope you feel better soon.
My missus told me to ask you if you would like her to lay her healing hands on you, especially anywhere you may be feeling a little tender.?

Cheers mate. Appreciated. Still, as much as i don't like not going i've managed to swerve two 3-0 defeats. I actually busted a bollock during the week to sort out briefs for B for that game cause there weren't many spares flying about. I got some last minute for him after calling in a favour owed. I felt awful when i see the FT score. He must have been cursing me :grinning: :grinning:
You know B ended up sitting close to where I normally do, next to two E London wall brothers who are very good mates of Cali (T and JB.)

It's really painful watching at the moment.
It's not as if we are losing by the odd goal.
The 4-0 defeat by Reading in the cup ought to have been a warning.
It cannot carry on. I've never shouted from the roof tops for GR to go, but now I'm having second thoughts.
It's all getting rather confusing looking at the formation and line ups he picks.
From the central defence to the midfield, Sav and Billy's partnership being broken up to accommodate new signings which so far has failed miserably, to Bradders not starting the first few games, is a complete mystery to me.
I hope he can sort it out quick, because if we lose to Plymouth then Hull, that will surely be the end.
By the way PL, wish you well.