Going up?

kinelloz

Seeing the dough spunked up the wall yesterday made me realise I'd hate us to be a part of that shit show.

If we went up and stuck with the squad fine, but seeing £40m going out on a regular basis is wrong.

When old people are scared to put on the heating and working families are queuing at food banks, to see Chelsea do half a billion on unproven players is immoral they don't even have the money.

I hope the whole fucking league goes bust.

I have mates who support teams that play in the clown fest, one remarked that he was wondering how things are going to pan out for his club now that Ambramovich ain't there and another mate piped up and said "at least you got money to spend", a bit rich coming from a scouser who have won if not all then most of the trophies availabel by spending money...Funny how people think equate money to winning things and get upset when their team don't splash the cash, especially in these times where people have to watch what they buy, conned at the fuel pumps and all the rest of it...Should be thankful you can just about afford and go watch a match...

half a billion in the January transfer market it would be funny if it wasn't so fucking crazy

The only positive if we get promoted is the parachute payment when we came back down again. If that happened I would be happy for John Berylson to take some cash out to repay his loyalty to us.
If we went up, at today's rates, we would receive £106m in the 1st season and, assuming we got relegated, £99m over the next 2 season (i.e. circa £205m in total).

I'd be more than happy for us to get promoted, not strengthen the squad, get relegated with a record low total of points, give JB back what he is owed, use the remainder to secure the club for many years to come including building a stronger youth set-up and 1st team squad to enable us to compete the next time we got promoted.

Burnley are a side that have been in the premiership and did things the right way, they went up came straight back down went up again and had a few years there before coming down again and barring a absolute collapse are going up again this season.
Partly they are a unglamorous club and find it hard to recruit the super stars who would want 100k+ a week, so they have to look at the promising but unproven talent at about half the cost which is paying off for them, even if they end up coming straight back down again they are set up nicely for another promotion push the following season.

If we went up, at today's rates, we would receive £106m in the 1st season and, assuming we got relegated, £99m over the next 2 season (i.e. circa £205m in total).

I'd be more than happy for us to get promoted, not strengthen the squad, get relegated with a record low total of points, give JB back what he is owed, use the remainder to secure the club for many years to come including building a stronger youth set-up and 1st team squad to enable us to compete the next time we got promoted.
Sounds like a plan. It would put us in a good place back in the championship.

That would be my preferred option. Unfortunately, another possibility is that if we are promoted some mega wealthy despot sees us as his next plaything and makes JB an offer that he can't refuse.

Talksport wanking themselves into a franzy last night cause £800 million has been spent on transfers. It all sounds a bit perverse when you have families who are struggling with the cost of living. Strikes all over the shop just to get a decent wage.

As for being part of the premier, don't appeal to me at all other than being a vehicle for JB to get some of his dough back. Also for our younger fans that missed out on our last visit to the top division.

What would become us after a season is not certain. Alienate and price out long term fans and it's very dificult to get them back when you need them again. Going to wall for me is as much about being around good people, what i class as my own as it is about the actual football. Lose that and the heart and soul of the club suffers.

Not for one second do i think we'd take the piss as many think we would. We'd be filmed and scrutinised at every move and opportunity. We'd certainty have plenty of fans banned, an array of oddball soccercunts polluting our stands whilst filming everything that farts. The sanitization of our club would go into overdrive.

Fuck that for a game of soldiers. Worse would be if we couldn't compete on the pitch, it's a possibility and if it was the case that would hurt me to witness that. Can't think of anything worse to be honest.

Last edited:
Talksport wanking themselves into a franzy last night cause £800 million has been spent on transfers. It all sounds a bit perverse when you have families who are struggling with the cost of living. Strikes all over the shop just to get a decent wage.

As for being part of the premier, don't appeal to me at all other than being a vehicle for JB to get some of his dough back. Also for our younger fans that missed out on our last visit to the top division.

What would become us after a season is not certain. Alienate and price out long term fans and it's very dificult to get them back when you need them again. Going to wall for me is as much about being around good people, what i class as my own as it is about the actual football. Lose that and the heart and soul of the club suffers.

Not for one second do i think we'd take the piss as many think we would. We'd be filmed and scrutinised at every move and opportunity. We'd certainty have plenty of fans banned, an array of oddball soccercunts polluting our stands whilst filming everything that farts. The sanitization of our club would go into overdrive.

Fuck that for a game of soldiers. Worse would be if we couldn't compete on the pitch, it's a possibility and if it was the case that would hurt me to witness that. Can't think of anything worse to be honest.
I remember only too well our second season up top, when we couldn’t buy a win. It wasn’t funny.

I remember only too well our second season up top, when we couldn’t buy a win. It wasn’t funny.
It was and a complete reverse of the season prior to that! Our last relegation season to date was the same, fucking awful, you know it's going to happen. It slowly sucks the life out of you. Even going to games is shit, walking down Ilderton road whilst questioning my sanity and more or less certain that we're going to lose is no fun.

Last edited:
It started well and seem to remember us being top after 6 games then it all went tits up
That was season 1. We gradually slipped down the league and finished in 10 th place.
That decline continued in season 2 and we never recovered.
I believe that was also the season we were dumped out of the FA cup at Cambridge on a filthy night culminating in that disastrous own goal.
I could be wrong but I think that was the same season.

I remember Elton Welsby commenting that "Millwall are on the crest of a slump"..To some that was funny, not to me.
His real name is Roger, he supports Everton and he was last seen presenting crown green bowling on sky.
And he commented that "Millwall are on the crest of a slump".
He had some front saying that.
What goes around comes around.
Roger and out!