Goalkeepers

A couple of decent saves from Johansson, granted. But, a different class?
His record this season is shocking:

gkj.jpg

gk2.jpg

It's not just a keeper we need but half of a team required.

I have a feeling that most of the parking bays at our training ground are mostly Disabled ♿

I never rated Sarkic. Bart is easily the best keeper at the club but he will leave at the end of the season. We need a Millwall quality keeper and a goalscorer, otherwise relegation will be a certainty.

Probably the best goalkeeper recently was Forde. As for strikers, Morrison and Gregory. I know not everyone’s choice.

Must have fluked it yesterday.if he's that good how have they conceded that many goals.

A couple of decent saves from Johansson, granted. But, a different class?
His record this season is shocking:

View attachment 25626

View attachment 25627

I'd be well pleased to see Johansson in goal for us next season. Imo a very good keeper.

You could have Yashin, Banks, Buffon and Alisson rounded into one and he would probably concede 80 goals if he played for Rotherham. Worse team in the C'ship for years.

I'd be well pleased to see Johansson in goal for us next season. Imo a very good keeper.

You could have Yashin, Banks, Buffon and Alisson rounded into one and he would probably concede 80 goals if he played for Rotherham. Worse team in the C'ship for years.

A different class, though?

During Harris' first five games, people on MO were saying how good Shark had become under Harris, or had found his form. That was based on a couple of "Bank's" saves down at Southampton. A bit like the reaction over Johansson on Monday.

Imo, Johansson is in the same class as Sarkic. Both a couple of decent keepers who are inconsistent and prone to mistakes.

Sharky shots faced 82 saved 52 (thats not bad)

Johansson shots faced 234 saved 154 (shooting gallery)

The way I see it is; we need goal scorers, not goal stoppers, and we have done for a while. Getting beat at Rotherham wasn't down to 'Sharky', it was down to our inability to score goals.

Even when we have won games, it's mostly been by scoring just the one and occasionally two. We got three at home to Rovrum and we really should have scored three up there on Monday. We scored four up at Sheff Wednesday and that's about it. The reason we have drawn games has usually been because we couldn't score more when we have been on top. If we go down, the lack of goals will be a big factor; not 'Sharky', or Bart for that matter.

Again, just my opinion of course. Although, the difficulty of scoring goals by us is a well known fact. **
:grinning:

We have not had any decent forewords since Morrison and Gregory which is a few seasons now why this has never been addressed I don’t know because there are goal scorers out there that don’t cost millions it’s embarrassing when the under 21s seem to have no problem scoring.
This must be sorted for next season which ever division we are in.

We have not had any decent forewords since Morrison and Gregory which is a few seasons now why this has never been addressed I don’t know because there are goal scorers out there that don’t cost millions it’s embarrassing when the under 21s seem to have no problem scoring.
This must be sorted for next season which ever division we are in.
Actually it's been since Morrisons first time here that we've had a 1 in 2 ratio striker in the 9/10 seasons. I think savilles first spell here is up there with our current strikers goal ratio

yes forwards are the main problem. I think we will need to replace Bart though unless we have a keeper who can step up. Bart signed a new 12 month contract in 2023 for 12 months. I would guess he will want regular first team action. Can see him going on a free in the summer.

Last edited:
yes forwards are the main problem. I think we will need to replace Bart though unless we have a keeper who can step up. Bart signed a new 12 month contract in 2023 for 12 months. I would guess he will regular first team action. Can see him going on a free in the summer.
What about having him as GK coach, certainly haven't seen any improvement since Marshall has been here!

A different class, though?

During Harris' first five games, people on MO were saying how good Shark had become under Harris, or had found his form. That was based on a couple of "Bank's" saves down at Southampton. A bit like the reaction over Johansson on Monday.

Imo, Johansson is in the same class as Sarkic. Both a couple of decent keepers who are inconsistent and prone to mistakes.

I think Sarkic looks a lot more confident now that he's not being asked to do his Franz Beckenbauer impersonation. Imo he's an average C'ship keeper; nothing more, nothing less.

I do think that Johansson is the better keeper. Admittedly, my opinion is only based on seeing him play 3 times, so maybe I've caught him on his good days.

As I said, I'd like to see Johansson with us but, having said that, I don't think looking for a replacement for Sarkic should be top of our 'To Do' list in the summer.