George Long appreciation thread

I really thought he needed replacing at the end of last season. I think actually most of his mistakes towards the end of the season were around situations similar to the video from Saturday, where he has been exposed down the flank and decides he needs to come out to deal. I think he can be similar at corners too. It's a shame because I want to like him and he can stop a shot pretty well (made a good reaction stop at Sutton) and his distribution is terrific, but it all seems to go wrong when he needs to come off his line. Maybe he just needs telling to stay in the 6 yard box and not fucking move on any account!

What, like the den? Cos that never happens does it?
It does, but not normally over the entire transfer window. We have outfield players who have had horrible runs of bad form. Rant up & forget. Some people need to get grounded, we are a mid table championship side who are having some good times at the moment. Suddenly we expect to fill every position with prem quality players. Onwards unto glory and all that. I realy dont know what you want from a keeper. For me having one with the 5th best clean sheet record in the division come pretty high up.

It does, but not normally over the entire transfer window. We have outfield players who have had horrible runs of bad form. Rant up & forget. Some people need to get grounded, we are a mid table championship side who are having some good times at the moment. Suddenly we expect to fill every position with prem quality players. Onwards unto glory and all that. I realy dont know what you want from a keeper. For me having one with the 5th best clean sheet record in the division come pretty high up.
Fortunately outfield players have a back up to cover mistakes ie:the goalkeeper.
Longs stats show 65% save ratio so 1 in 3 shots went in,
Clean sheets down to good defending NOT good goalkeeping.
Definitely need a new Keeper

Fortunately outfield players have a back up to cover mistakes ie:the goalkeeper.
2nd worse save ratio in the division I believe.

So if clean sheets are all due to good defending & nothing to do with the skill of the keeper, then all goals scored against are all down to bad defending & nothing to do with the keeper . So why change the keeper & not the defenders. You cant have it both ways.