George Evans

Without wishing to get in to any debate about Evans as I didn’t see the game yesterday (surely you would have watched the Man City match on the I player instead?)
It’s amazing that when anyone leaves a club whether it be a player or manager they suddenly become feted and when someone dies they are practically reincarnated as a hero.
GR after he left (despite getting dogs abuse on occasions) NH (on his Cambridge appointment despite being regularly slagged off in the ground and on here) Ken Wainwright at his memorial (despite Everton fans slagging him off for years on end)
I could go on.
In Evans case at least he’s had the last laugh on one Millwall wag who, towards Evans last couple of games for us, shouted out “you’ll be driving a mini cab next season”
Although give it a couple more years :whist:

Without wishing to get in to any debate about Evans as I didn’t see the game yesterday (surely you would have watched the Man City match on the I player instead?)
It’s amazing that when anyone leaves a club whether it be a player or manager they suddenly become feted and when someone dies they are practically reincarnated as a hero.
GR after he left (despite getting dogs abuse on occasions) NH (on his Cambridge appointment despite being regularly slagged off in the ground and on here) Ken Wainwright at his memorial (despite Everton fans slagging him off for years on end)
I could go on.
In Evans case at least he’s had the last laugh on one Millwall wag who, towards Evans last couple of games for us, shouted out “you’ll be driving a mini cab next season”
Although give it a couple more years :whist:
Why?? Would much rather watch a lower league derby in the cup, between two rivals who haven’t played each other in years, than the inevitable demolition of Huddersfield by Man City zzzz

Why?? Would much rather watch a lower league derby in the cup, between two rivals who haven’t played each other in years, than the inevitable demolition of Huddersfield by Man City zzzz
Because I’m not Welsh!
& at least Huddersfield are in our division so you can tell what we’d be up against next season when we win the play off final :grinning:

No, Millwall, at least when we moved in 1910, were a Surrey team. At least Camberwell was in Surrey, and I think Rotherhithe, so I assume we were too...
We’ve had this debate on here many times. It’s still up for dispute.

The truth is we took part in the Kent cup not the Surrey cup. And the point remains. Us taking part in the Kent cup doesn’t make us Kentish anymore than it makes Shrewsbury a Welsh club for taking part in the Welsh cup.

Checking Into the Valium just now, to see what superstars they’re going to be picking up in the January transfer window, and the forum owner, Reamsofverse said this about our departed midfielder!

Seems another player wasn’t utilised properly by Rowett!

“Maybe not but he has got his Wrexham info wildly wrong.

While we are on that subject I went along to Shrewsbury today, with a ticket becoming available last minure.

George Evans plays in the same role as our George Dobson. They signed him from Millwall. He is a level above Dobson doing the same job and them some. A quality footballer. Some how he manages to be the link up between defence and midfield then a few moments later up he pops in the same phase of play linking up the middle of the park with the strikers ably assisted by Elliot Lee. Evans is a quality footballer.”

Members online