Fuck off Rowett

dandlion

He is killing this club, I would rather go down with out this cunt, than survive another season with the prick.

I have just read that despite the back 4 leading to a better performance he will change it to 5 depending on the opposition. He really is a twat, just when I thought he was getting it🤷🏻‍♂️. We all know the best defence is based on consistency/familiarity like the old Arsenal back 4. I was prepared to let him learn lessons the hard way but if he now starts changing the defence again from a 4 that works he can clear off as far as I’m concerned.

It's clear that Rowett favours five at the back but as proved last night we look a threat with four at the back and attacking so surely it wouldn't be hard to switch styles of play during a game which will mess up oppositions game play to counter act our 5-3-2 or 4-4-2 giving us an advantage at times during a game.

Having a manager that can change it during a game or dependant upon the opposition has to be a good thing. We played 4-4-2 in our first couple of seasons back in the championship and nearly got relegated when we got sussed out.
Although I think this is a ridiculous thread I’d rather have a manager that makes the other team’s manager change his formation because of the way we are set up (& not the other way round)

Having a manager that can change it during a game or dependant upon the opposition has to be a good thing. We played 4-4-2 in our first couple of seasons back in the championship and nearly got relegated when we got sussed out.
Going back to when we had Stephen Reid and Paul Ifill under Mark McGhee the two of them used to swap wings every so often which confused the hell out of opposition defenders and worked in our favour a good few times.

Going back to when we had Stephen Reid and Paul Ifill under Mark McGhee the two of them used to swap wings every so often which confused the hell out of opposition defenders and worked in our favour a good few times.
Ifill was a different class altogether. Left & Right food finishes, assists and passes. His footballing brain was way ahead of his time. Not sure we have a wide player here like that at the moment.

I’m all for adapting the midfield and attack if needed depending on circumstances during a game but not the back 4, its important they all know their jobs defensively and as a unit working with the Keeper.

Ifill was a different class altogether. Left & Right food finishes, assists and passes. His footballing brain was way ahead of his time. Not sure we have a wide player here like that at the moment.
Paul Ifill took a ton of crap from the fans when he was starting out for us, he kept at it and went on to be a great player, his character got him through.

He is much like Burey the way he plays, with twists and turns, just like Bennet is like Reid, powerful and fast.

Nothing would please me more than Rowett getting to grips with this squad and finding the best starting XI and formation. 5 at the back and inviting the opposition to attack us has been sussed and won't work without having someone like Jed on the counter.

To say the majority of Rowett's period of management has been frustrating to watch is an understatement.

The rotation of the forward line hasn't enabled any type of partnership to be created. Afobe needs someone to play alongside him as part of a 2 on a consistent basis, whether that be Voglsammer, Flemming or a new signing in January. Bradshaw isn't good enough at this level and should never have been given a new contract.

Be careful what you wish for.

This. Rowett's football can be attritional but it's functional. With our budget, any season out of the relegation positions is adequate, anything in the upper reaches of the table is commendable.

We only need to look at Charlton to see what happens when fans are always demanding change without considering what that change entails.

Pets
Personally I had no idea if Ifill was any good or not. Yes, he used to flummox the odd defender but I always thought that was because as he didn’t know what he was going to do with the ball the defender had no chance to read him

40 goals in 238 games for us is good going. An almost identical record to Jed (& I don’t remember Ifill taking penalties either :hmmm:)
I will have to upgrade him in my list of ex wingers, he’s now in front of Dougie Allder