Fred

BigPaul

I know we shouldn’t be discussing former players as it’s pointless but this did make me laugh.
He seemed to be having a really good game for Rovrum yesterday. I only saw the highlights obviously, but he seemed to be playing as a striker.
He scored a cracking goal with a diving header, then got booked for over celebrating.
Later he was fouled and immediately started waving an invisible yellow card.
Ref booked him immediately and sent him for an early bath.

Playing on with ten men Rovrum then lost their 2 goal lead and very nearly lost the match.

Silver always says players have their brains in their boots. I’m not sure Fred has any at all based on this evidence.

I remember him making making his league debut for us aginst the spotters. He was a real handful and looked a great prospect. Has never bettered his goal tally of eight at any other club, He got them when with us. He still young, 26. I thought he'd be older than that now.

I did watch the highlights on SSN and it was a decent header from Fred to score. I don’t recall him ever scoring a goal for us or anybody else with his head. He proved yet again that most footballers have their brains in their boots because not only did he make a silly gesture to the ref indicating a yellow card for the challenge on him he then looked completely gormless when the ref produced a second yellow and a red for him. It was a gesture prompting the thought….me….ref…you surely don’t mean me!
I think that he may not only be unplayable but also brainless!