Formation…

Lionsteele

It’s clear to see 5 at the back isn’t going to work with these players. Giving the ball to players that do not want it at their feet is causing more & more mistakes.

If he sticks with 5 at the back on Saturday with 1 up top I fancy he’ll be getting even more pelters than is expected.

As for the players. Said on other thread, Harding is a liability & way off this level when playing regularly, Shark confidence is shot to bits, Wallace try’s but gets roasted. Cooper takes too long & not sure why he can win a header or save his life.

Saville first half was embarrassing, didn’t close down the ball at all & people where I was sitting had also pointed it out, tried second half but that’s not good enough. Don’t know why he is taking all the set-pieces either, they were woeful.

Bradshaw & Esse tried as did Dmac & Leonard.

I’m not in favour of keep changing the team but after that, I can’t blame him!

Styles make fights and we’ll never ever out football the footballing teams as we simply don’t have the personnel or budget. We need to return to a style that’s more direct, with work ethic, speed, aerial threats and physicality and unsettle the opposition. It’s clear 1 isolated striker STILL does not work. The back room staff need to get Edwards to go to a basic 4411 or 442 with wide midfielders who actually support the fullbacks defensively. All this backwards and side to side tippy tappy crap just lets the opposition get back in shape defensively and we don’t have the players to open a team up. We need to counter with pace and give Bradshaw a strike partner.

Last edited:
We have no style ,we cannot play tippy tappy football as the backs / midfield are not good enough & when Bradshaw plays we revert to long balls to the midget like last night , we were the better team for 15-20 minutes then the usual errors by the same players and we are 3-0 down and I cannot remember losing so many games at home by 3 or more goals, Fleming along with most of the midfield were non existence , got to change for Saturday's game with the priority being ' attack" , if we lose then the writings on the wall

IIt
I said to the bloke behind me when Bradshaw got a great through ball that Obafemi would have loved that ball.
It was the pass of the game, split their defence goalie yards of his line and all that was needed was a llob over him into an empty net but Bradshaw made all the wrong choices and resulted in a pathetic attempt that's why we need a proper forward

IIt

It was the pass of the game, split their defence goalie yards of his line and all that was needed was a llob over him into an empty net but Bradshaw made all the wrong choices and resulted in a pathetic attempt that's why we need a proper forward
I like you said Bradshaw should have attempted a lob.

Bradshaw is decent , but no support. He’s not able to make a goal out of nothing unfortunately , but will score give the right crosses, I think JE has to go all in,442, player Esse and Major either side of midfield, it means we can carry Wallace if the only LB available, and Leonard can go RB, De Norre and Honeyman Central with Bradshaw and Obi up front. The players who arebringing nothing at present Saville, Fleming, watmore and Wallace (if Longman or a youngster are available) shouldn’t play) I would include Harding in this but unless JE goes Leonard /cooper with Danny on the right, I think he plays. Bart or Shark, no sure, but I’m leaning towards Bart.

IIt

Tom is a bit like Gregory in that respect ,when he has time to think ,he generally fucks it up.

Can anyone recall what formation we were playing over the Christmas period when we were actually doing alright?

Can anyone recall what formation we were playing over the Christmas period when we were actually doing alright?
Pretty much same as now, without so much tinkering. Honeyman hit some good form centrally during this period but can't get a look in at present.

Low block, two sitting midfielders. Most important counter attacking pace of Emakhu and BNC.
Makes sense, Rowett style with a bit more speed going forward in attack behind defences that have not had time to reset.

Hopefully Edwards will have another look at that approach and get us out of this mess we’ve put ourselves in.