Formation

Brilliant tactical move by GR by going 3/5 at back. It had key benefits
Quite right, and it had other benefits too.
For example, Cooper appearing on the left wing to help out and provide crosses on occasion. It was something different that Blackpool would not have been expecting.
Our crosses have so often been predictable, looking for Cooper in the middle. But if he's on the wing, it gives the oppo different problems. E.g. Watmore in the middle with the ball at his feet, which brought the pen.

I have been the first to criticize GR for the timing of his subs, but last night I thought he got it spot on.

Malone and Danny coming on was a good call, as was Bennett, Burke and Burey.

All that showed that maybe GR has learned his lesson about sitting back. That was 3 pacey attackers to occupy tired defenders. One run by Burey had me on the edge of my sofa.

Quite right, and it had other benefits too.
For example, Cooper appearing on the left wing to help out and provide crosses on occasion. It was something different that Blackpool would not have been expecting.
Our crosses have so often been predictable, looking for Cooper in the middle. But if he's on the wing, it gives the oppo different problems. E.g. Watmore in the middle with the ball at his feet, which brought the pen.

I have been the first to criticize GR for the timing of his subs, but last night I thought he got it spot on.

Malone and Danny coming on was a good call, as was Bennett, Burke and Burey.

All that showed that maybe GR has learned his lesson about sitting back. That was 3 pacey attackers to occupy tired defenders. One run by Burey had me on the edge of my sofa.
That run did show commitment, his shot under pressure was just wide but it still created a further chance for Bennett after the pull back by Burke.
A great bit of counter attacking play.

That run did show commitment, his shot under pressure was just wide but it still created a further chance for Bennett after the pull back by Burke.
A great bit of counter attacking play.
And much better than just sitting in and defending a lead.