Foreign day trippers 🤔

If we were to get relegated we’d soon see how many hardcore fans we actually have. Like the home match immediately after the Auto Windscreen Wiper final in 1999. 40k down to about 6k.
As someone said on here the other day, i don’t care who’s sitting around me I’ll still go apeshit (or words to that effect). Its up to us born and bred Lions to turn up in number and show the day trippers how it should be done if they want to attend regularly.
For four seasons running in the 80’s we only averaged 4,000 odd at The Den and at one game only two thousand plus turned up.
We only averaged 15 & 12 thousand respectively when we played in the top flight.
So I’m constantly amazed at how many turn up on a Saturday every week (not so many midweek)

Got to admit that away games knock the spots of a home game for atmosphere , no jolly foreigners just real wall fans and a hard core 200-400 who go whatever the weather ,tactics ,team etc , the Den is losing its magic due to all mentioned above and I cannot see how it can be reversed , the Club wants money first and proper fans second
I really can’t sign up to the tourists adversely affecting the atmosphere at the Den. They probably make up about 1% if the crowd. It is ‘WE’ who create the fierce atmosphere albeit the players can excite the fearsome environment that make the opposition tremble eg Huddersfield play-off and our run of Cup games against Premshit teams.

Got to admit that away games knock the spots of a home game for atmosphere
They do and i should do more.

the Den is losing its magic due to all mentioned above and I cannot see how it can be reversed , the Club wants money first and proper fans second
Nobody has explained why we've stopped singing because we have more people turning up. I don't see why that would affect the atmosphere. It makes no sense.

I really can’t sign up to the tourists adversely affecting the atmosphere at the Den. They probably make up about 1% if the crowd. It is ‘WE’ who create the fierce atmosphere albeit the players can excite the fearsome environment that make the opposition tremble eg Huddersfield play-off and our run of Cup games against Premshit teams.
Nail on head.

For four seasons running in the 80’s we only averaged 4,000 odd at The Den and at one game only two thousand plus turned up.
We only averaged 15 & 12 thousand respectively when we played in the top flight.
So I’m constantly amazed at how many turn up on a Saturday every week (not so many midweek)
I'm sure we have had league games against Palace and Charlton that havn't sold out this century, we shouldn't complain that the ground is being filled up.

Aren’t we the highest level of football in London you can get tickets in the day for at a decent price, it’s good they come to us, once bitten! I always go and see Sporting when I’m in Lisbon, it’s a very different experience!

So I’m constantly amazed at how many turn up on a Saturday every week

99.99% certain that we fiddled those figures, if in the early days the old den took 40,000 plus, then there is no way that when we were in the top flight the reported attendance of 12,/13,000 were correct you couldnt move on the halway so where they would put another 30,000 people I have no idea

E18 That bloke in the White Coat was the "Peanut Man" . Think he did have a.bell.

E1, That was the game the "Flying Pig", Horne, saved a penalty .

If we were to get relegated we’d soon see how many hardcore fans we actually have. Like the home match immediately after the Auto Windscreen Wiper final in 1999. 40k down to about 6k.
As someone said on here the other day, i don’t care who’s sitting around me I’ll still go apeshit (or words to that effect). Its up to us born and bred Lions to turn up in number and show the day trippers how it should be done if they want to attend regularly.
Agree with tis, I remember a League 1 game vs Oldham, 6000 , raining and bitter cold. In some way I miss those days.

I see some bod on a Millwall facebook group saying we need a drum and singing section at the Den to help improve the football :eek::eek: I pointed out that the Nigels have been relegated whilst being cheered on by a group of drum thumping spunk trumpets.
No absolutely NOT drumming - we are not south American or Watford.

One sight today amused me was the sight of a bloke carrying a tray with 5 or 6 pints to his mates down the stairs in South Lower. He ignored my and mates shouts of."waiter, waiter over here". No body stopped him or his mates from enjoying.their pints.
Foreigners are too shy to respond to your joke ;) (Hello again Obeney!)

If we had 12,000 regulars 20 years ago, how many do you think still go today?
I'm one of 5 that only goes since then and I'm a part timer now.
Same here, I went every game home and away in 2003/4/5, but now living in mainland Europe I go, once or twice a season when I’m back visiting

Members online