Football quiz.

Both correct mate. Well done!! Going to have to make these a bit tougher.
Thanks PL. In the Newcastle photo, I recognise the concrete wall to the left which is the Leazes end. Remember going there when the ball bearings were wizzing past my bonce and embedding themselves into the wall. Happy Days!

Which three wall midfielders made the exact same amount of appearences- 241 ? These are starts and not substititions. They all played for us in the last 30 year.

For a bonus point which of the three scored the most goals?

Last edited:
Charlie Hurley.
Did you know that he turned down West hams offer of a contract a year before joining us in. After leaving us for Sunderland he scored an own goal on his debut during a 7-0 hammering by Blackpool.

For another bonus point- What did Hurley do as a manager which no other football league manger had done up to then? It made history at the time -1977?

Did you know that he turned down West hams offer of a contract a year before joining us in. After leaving us for Sunderland he scored an own goal on his debut during a 7-0 hammering by Blackpool.

For another bonus point- What did Hurley do as a manager which no other football league manger had done up to then? It made history at the time -1977?
True story but I actually had dinner with Charley Hurley at a Xmas function around 20 years ago. I didn’t recognise him and he just happened to be on our table of ten (with quite an attractive woman) The other lads started a football quiz and were a bit embarrassed when he said “I know a bit about football” and introduced himself.
Anyway, the answer is he’s the first manager to resign at half time (it’s been done again since then)

Last edited: