Football Graffiti

When I was about 13, I wrote ‘Millwall‘ with a permanent marker on the sign for the road I lived on.

Not the smartest move as I was the only supporter that lived there, apart from my Dad and he knew he didn’t do it.
I remember my old man saying to me in the 70’s, “was that you who chalked on that wall up the road”?

I denied it of course, it was also the first time I’d heard spray paint called chalk. I found out later that in the forties youngsters used to chalk on the tenement walls and the term stuck with his generation.

A bit like Andover's story - When I was 16 I used to drink in a pub in Wallington (The Melbourne) one day while having a dump I pulled out a thick permanent marker and wrote "Millwall NOLU" on the wall in massive letters... a few days later I went back in there and there was another message written under it "And Paul can clean this shit up".

I forgot the whole pub was Chelsea bar me.... Turns out the Landlord wrote it.

I never did clean it off mind you.....

Last edited:
A bit like Andover's story - When I was 16 I used to drink in a pub in Wallington (The Melbourne) one day while having a dump I pulled out a thick permanent marker and wrote "Millwall NULO" on the wall in massive letters... a few days later I went back in there and there was another message written under it "And Paul can clean this shit up".

I forgot the whole pub was Chelsea bar me.... Turns out the Landlord wrote it.

I never did clean it off mind you.....
No Us Likes One?

Hmn, if it ain't Queens road thern i reckon it's the back of the blue- lucy way- London Bridge-south Bermo line.

Need a Charlton bod to verify all the railway stuff :geek: