Football gone mad n/w

I simply could not believe it! They have just beaten WBA 3-1 and are sixth in the league. What do they want? I am not suggesting that Eustace is second only to Pep in the managerial field but if they think that Rooney is going to propel them up the league then they are in for a shock. Shades of Gary Rowett with this decision!
The irony of this is that when the Chinese owners took over they changed the name of the stadium to the Trillion Trophy stadium and since that day they have won sweet FA. Long may it continue!

The club said the appointment of a new boss is imminent and will be encouraged to adopt a "no fear" approach.

"A new first-team manager will be announced in the coming days who will be responsible for creating an identity and clear 'no fear' playing style that all Birmingham City teams will adopt and embrace," a club statement said.

"It is essential that the board of directors and the football management are fully aligned on the importance of implementing a winning mentality and a culture of ambition across the entire football club."

Sounds like american bullsh!t, thank god the Berylsons don't have this mentality.

Rooney failed to make the play offs in America so they got rid of him, why would Birmingham think he could do any better here?

Rooney wouldn't last the whole season either. Why any manager would like to go near that club I would never know. Managers must literally take that job on with only money on the mind, because its clearly not for common sense.

I had absolutely no idea that he was managing a team in America. Neither was i aware that he played for them prior to that.

The club said the appointment of a new boss is imminent and will be encouraged to adopt a "no fear" approach.

"A new first-team manager will be announced in the coming days who will be responsible for creating an identity and clear 'no fear' playing style that all Birmingham City teams will adopt and embrace," a club statement said.

"It is essential that the board of directors and the football management are fully aligned on the importance of implementing a winning mentality and a culture of ambition across the entire football club."

Sounds like american bullsh!t, thank god the Berylsons don't have this mentality.
This sounds like corporate bollocks talk. Be flip charts and stress balls next.

In all, Rooney has 38 wins to his name having taken charge of 138 matches. He's drawn 36 more and lost the remaining 64 - that's a win percentage rate of 27.5%. (No pie chart available).

In all, Rooney has 38 wins to his name having taken charge of 138 matches. He's drawn 36 more and lost the remaining 64 - that's a win percentage rate of 27.5%. (No pie chart available).
Or as Farley TV says...He's lost 50% of his matches, and the other 75% he didn't win.

Or as Farley TV says...He's lost 50% of his matches, and the other 75% he didn't win.
Maths professor required. Just because Rooney looks like billy big bollocks in the states does not mean he will be more that a mediocre manager in the Championship. Trouble is Americans think throwing loads of money in will provide a corresponding improvement. This could actually unsettle the team and cause a drop in form......I hope :grinning:

Existing players will be looking over their shoulders if they think a load of new players will be coming in. Good news for us. Now if only they could be gentlemen and get relegated.

Last edited: