Flemming

No release clause in Flemmings contract. If we pick up this other centre back lwe would be in good shape to push on this season. I hope Flemming stays. He could make all the difference. I expect 2 more players to come in either on loan or contract.

We ain't paying £5m for a central defender even if he's Bobby Moore and Pele all rolled into one.
I didn’t say we were going to!

I started my post off using the word ‘speculation’ which is what the Burnley supporters were doing in their posts about Flemming and McNally! He is a Burnley player, and like supporters on this forum, some bods are in the know with what is going on at their club, and maybe a few Burnley supporters heard something about McNally coming to us? Like I said in my last post, could all be bollocks, but I thought some on here might like to hear about it!

In the definitive transfer in/out thread, HappyLion had already mentioned this morning (before my post), where he said, “Seems we are looking at burnleys luke mcnally. Could be part of a flemming deal...maybe.” As a former defender (though not a CH), maybe Rowett has watched or had someone watching McNally when he was on loan at Coventry (where he made 19 appearances during his second half of the season loan with them), and liked what he saw?

If Rowett is keen on McNally, that getting him effectively free by not paying a transfer fee and getting him in part exchange for Flemming (plus a few million extra in cash on top), frees up more money where we could pay near to or exactly the wage McNally is on at Burnley!

Last edited:
No release clause in Flemmings contract.
Burnley have only just been informed of that. It's why thay offered what they did the first couple of times. Maybe a shrewd move by Millwall or maybe not. If the player wants to go and makes that clear then we have a difficult decision to make. We need to stand strong but at the same time the player essentially holds the power and we don't need an unsettled player on our hands although i don't think Flemming is another Jed, for example.

It shows we are doing something correct when we are signing players for a snip whilst a premier side is offering upwards of fourfold of what we shelled out. The foreign market is the way to go. The championship is a good platform for potential startlits to come and perform and then go onto bigger things whilst we reap the benefits. We just have to keep finding this potential, one or two per season will put is good stead long term.

With the new training ground/ facilities in the pipeline it can only serve us well when attracting new players and trainees/ youth. Have to pinch myself when i see how Millwall is now being run. We have a plan, a vision and are quietly implementing bits and pieces that will benefit us long term and also go towards us being a self sustainable club. JB won't be around for ever and regardless of that we can't survive or thrive for better and stay in this division whilst we are being funded and writing off debt.

At some point i believe the premier league and it's clubs will start to slowly implode. The whole thing is like a pyramid scheme and completely unsustainable. Clubs like the Nigels already borrow and draw money in advance from sky cause they are overspending and skint. They loan from next seasons TV money to pay current the current wage bill. Themselves plus a few other bottom feeders are one relegation away from oblivion.

If we go up it will be form hard work and sensible spending and a bit of luck. I honestly believe that we will see the big time again down the den. The next few seasons will be exciting times for us. Everything bar a few more decent players are in place. Thank god we have JB and his family running us. They are very successful venture capitalists. They don't latch onto lost causes but normally back winners and are willing to bide their time and speculate to accumalte.

*Edited for atrocious spelling mistakes :smoke:

Last edited:
At some point i believe the premier league and it's clubs will start to slowly implode. The whole thing is like a pyramid scheme and completely unsustainable. Clubs like the Nigels already borrow and draw money in advance from sky cause they are overspending and skint. They loan from next seasons TV money to pay the current wage bill. Themselves plus a few other bottom feeders are one relegation away from oblivion.

Agree totally, its this that scares the crap out of me.
The Rugby Premiership is already seeing its clubs hit the buffers as they live above their means and football is on a different scale entirely. Having to borrow from next years tv money to pay todays wages is madness. Would like the Premiership to implode before we get there and for the divisions to move closer together financially with no parachute money as that just gives the risk taking owners even more room to gamble their club’s very existence away. It will be interesting to see how Luton navigate the next few seasons.

Agree with you Peckham except the part of the premiership imploding, I had been hoping that it would but the new money that is coming from state owned clubs and billionaire americans has taken their finances to another level.
I see the european league as the next logical step and hopefully those big clubs won't bother us again once they have left.

Agree with you Peckham except the part of the premiership imploding,
You;re probably correct mate, was more wishful thinking on my part. It's ahuge platform for advertiers to get there product coverage. We saw during lockdown who and what funds and runs football- big commercial entities.

When the threat came that they'd sue the premier clubs and take back there moneyif they didn't play even the government buckled and let it continue. Bookies would have gone under meaning billions in lost tax/revenue for the government.

The whole premier set up is reliant on outside funding from huge corperates. It generates so much money that it can be openly corrupt and no fucker in authority bats an eyelid. I have said for some time that the premier league has become a vehicle for mass and widespead money laundering.

That Ruskie that owned Chelseas spent billions whilst the rewards for winning titles are are drop in the ocean compaired to what he spent. so what's in it for them if the outgoings are much bigger than the income? You don't spend billions just for the prestige and bragging rights.

When it all kicked off Ukraine the Ruskie owmer just disappeared. Like he had a call from Bozo or one of his cabal saying it's been a pleaure mate but the heats on and you need to fuck off sharpish. He was an associate of Putin and obviously known to our government.

He didn't just turn up in England with a few suitcases and stroll through customs like a normal bod, he was facilitated by people in power here. The amount of filthy money that he must have laundered through this country via Chelsea fc must be astronomical.

Now you have state owned clubs, owners who's human rights record are very questionable to say the least. But they and there money are welcomed with open arms. Image washing via sport. Cricket, formula one and football. Your average person see's them as those lovely blokes that own Newcastle and Man city etc. The reality is there people back home are treated like dirt and have to adhere to stoneage laws and rules whilst those laying down them laws live avery a different and lavish lifestyle.

It stinks but hey football takes the knee and are against whatever is the latest thing to be outraged by and against.

Speculation on a Burnley forum that Rowett is interested in their 23 year old (soon to be 24 in September), CH, Luke McNally.

He was Vincent Kompany‘s 2nd signing last season, rumoured to have cost the Clarets about £2M. In January 2023 McNally went out on loan to Coventry for the rest of the season and is now back at Burnley. Claret supporters reckon he doesn’t fit in with the new style of play Kompany wants, so the club might listen to offers!

Supporters are wondering if there might be a player/cash deal for Flemming, with McNally rumoured to be worth £5M to the Clarets. If we’ve already turned down a £12M cash bid, would JB and Rowett take £7M cash (and a 25% sell on fee) and McNally for Flemming?

£7M is close to Burnley’s original opening bid of £8M for Flemming (assuming this figure was accurate in the first place), and we should be looking ahead at replacing our current aging CH pairing at some point in the near future (especially Hutch who seems to be picking up more injuries of late!)

Of course, all of it could be bollocks, but if there is an element of truth about it, then personally as a Wall supporter, I am undecided on this! On the one hand, £7M is 4 times more what we paid for Flemming, and we’d get (by all accounts), a decent, young CH as a new addition. On the other hand, maybe we should say to Burnley, “if you want Flemming, it’s going to cost you £15M!” We then hope that Burnley give in and pay it, and we try and get McNally for less than £5M, which would still leave Rowett a large portion of the remaining £10M+ left over to buy in more players before the transfer window closes on 1st September!
Sorry L W T L, but what we paid for Flemming, should have no imput to what we sell him for. Flemming plays for us, if you want to buy him, it will cost you .........

And thats it, if you dont like it............ Brother, that is not my problem.
Whether we bought him an hour ago, yesterday, last week or last year.

Sorry L W T L, but what we paid for Flemming, should have no imput to what we sell him for. Flemming plays for us, if you want to buy him, it will cost you .........

And thats it, if you dont like it............ Brother, that is not my problem.
Whether we bought him an hour ago, yesterday, last week or last year.
It wouldn't surprise me if Millwall have a valuation of him and Flemming is content with that so both parties know where they stand, if it's not met then a new contract might come his way with a release clause in it.
It isn't just how much is offered either, it makes a big difference to us if it is money upfront or paid over 3 years with part of it based on appearances.

It wouldn't surprise me if Millwall have a valuation of him and Flemming is content with that so both parties know where they stand, if it's not met then a new contract might come his way with a release clause in it.
It isn't just how much is offered either, it makes a big difference to us if it is money upfront or paid over 3 years with part of it based on appearances.
2nd para 👍