Fitness level

norwichmark

After watching some of Liverpool Chelsea last night , liverpools fitness makes us look a pub side. Chelsea must of thought they were playing against 14, you cannot play out from the back against them. They nullify it by putting 6 forward and running around like there is 8. As soon as they lose the ball , which isn’t often they are on you usually with 2 players to win the ball back. It’s obviously there fitness that allows them to do this something I think we need to brush up on. And first touch. By the way I watched until Gallagher hit the ground hardly being touched, just after Hillel got booked for diving in pen area, was embarrassing. Liverpool will give city a fight to the end, as much as I detest them. Their right back is in my opinion gonna be world class.

After watching some of Liverpool Chelsea last night , liverpools fitness makes us look a pub side. Chelsea must of thought they were playing against 14, you cannot play out from the back against them. They nullify it by putting 6 forward and running around like there is 8. As soon as they lose the ball , which isn’t often they are on you usually with 2 players to win the ball back. It’s obviously there fitness that allows them to do this something I think we need to brush up on. And first touch. By the way I watched until Gallagher hit the ground hardly being touched, just after Hillel got booked for diving in pen area, was embarrassing. Liverpool will give city a fight to the end, as much as I detest them. Their right back is in my opinion gonna be world class.
perhaps they do makes us look like a pub side but to think our players are as fit as a pub side is ridiculous Mark, natural athleticism is a big contribution in professional footballers standards.
How can you possibly think that for all these years of employing fitness coaches and using sports science that somehow we are the only professional club that can't get their players fit.
If the players fitness levels aren't up to the standards of what fans expect, it doesn't mean they are unfit.
That is the same level of thinking as the one where we are the only club that has injured players.

You have to realise that Liverpool under Klopp have built this level of fitness to sustain their pressing game over years, and with their signings they have identified players that fit their style and physical needs. It's a big reason that managers need to be given time, and/or the club has an identity they want to stick to. If a club has a way that they would like to play, they employ managers who suit their style and ultimately sign players with the right profile so that the manager who comes in has a squad that they would like to work with

perhaps they do makes us look like a pub side but to think our players are as fit as a pub side is ridiculous Mark, natural athleticism is a big contribution in professional footballers standards.
How can you possibly think that for all these years of employing fitness coaches and using sports science that somehow we are the only professional club that can't get their players fit.
If the players fitness levels aren't up to the standards of what fans expect, it doesn't mean they are unfit.
That is the same level of thinking as the one where we are the only club that has injured players.
Assume you didn’t realise it was a tongue in cheek comparison. We got a few. That wouldn’t last a half playing for Liverpool.

Assume you didn’t realise it was a tongue in cheek comparison. We got a few. That wouldn’t last a half playing for Liverpool.
Of course they would last more than a half but would look slower than them, the best clubs gets the fastest players etc. We would get the run around by them if we were to play them, that's how it is when one team is better than the other, Ipswich gave Maidstone the run around for most of their game partly because of the bidifference in players physical abilities
Our players might not be fitter than other championship players but they are no less fitter, they ain't skipping training to go down the pub.

Of course they would last more than a half but would look slower than them, the best clubs gets the fastest players etc. We would get the run around by them if we were to play them, that's how it is when one team is better than the other, Ipswich gave Maidstone the run around for most of their game partly because of the bidifference in players physical abilities
Our players might not be fitter than other championship players but they are no less fitter, they ain't skipping training to go down the pub.
We need to be fitter ( it will happen) if we want to play possession based football. More work has to be done physically when out of possession but wanting the ball

The Micky Mousers will win it this season .

They work hard to close down but then have a ten minute rest while the back 4 play tippy tappy football

Edwards said from the off when he came in that we needed to be fitter to play the way he wants.

It will take time for the existing squad to get up to the levels, but also for Edwards to recruit the right players.

Athletic, strong, powerful quick runners is what the modern game seems to require.
With a sprinkling of quality and composure to knit it together (De Norre is the only one we have that fits this bill right now).

Our players didn't train for high tempo sprinting. They trained for block and pass which requires less running. Will take time but they'll adapt.