First Game.

wallyboy

My first game was about 45 years ago, Newcastle at home I think. Anyway used to go with my mate and his sisters, boyfriends dad. Great bloke, his name was Mr Dunster. Worked for the waterboard as I remember and we used to stand with his mates, one had a prosthetic hand.Really down to earth working blokes and funny as f!@k. As we were only young teenagers they looked out for us. I loved it, the atmosphere, the people, the buzz. If any on here knew of him and his mates would be nice to know.
Not from the area, Tooting born but it gets into your blood.

No mate, mine was a sunny Saturday afternoon about 1977 ish may be wrong but that was it for me.
Millwall ever since.

Plymouth Argyle in the 1957/8 season. Lost 1-0. All that I can remember was the crowd were I was standing kept saying rude words to somebody dressed in black who kept putting his flag up.

I remember some black fella walking along taking scarfs and programmes that were stuck in the yellow railings by us. Don't know if he was pissed or stoned but when he got to us he got flopped.

Millwall v Burnley 83 (October I think) was taken by my cousin. Got to admit I wasn’t a Wall fan at the time, but my cousin was. I was football mad and desperate to watch a live game.

I was more impressed with Burnley players to be honest as they have the likes of Bryan Flynn, Gerry Gow and Bryan Hamilton playing for them. Players, whose pictures I was sticking in my panini album just a couple years before or watching scoring the winner for NI in the WC the prev summer.

However, once I went, taking in the sounds and the smell of the old place. Listening to some real funny fuckers on the terraces. (Fans had real humour then, when they were slagging off the oppo, instead of just the generic nonsense today), it has only ever been Wall for me.

My old man took me when I was 18 months so 1969. Was the only way he could get away from my Mum! First game I remember was Peterbrough 1975, my uncle took me, he was as pissed as arseholes, just remember him slumped on a railing on the halfway so I went down the front to watch. Addicted from that day on

Mine was 12th April 1983. Old Division 3, Millwall 1 Bristol Rovers 1. Midweek game. The season of the great escape.

1979 v Blackpool
Won 2-0. Chatterton and Mitchell.
Big Kitch was playing and Tony Towner was tearing them a new one.
Oh for those days!!

Staff online

Members online