First flowers arrived today

70sCR

This was the card with them😂 Marj would have loved it. So if any of you on here wanted to express your condolences to the gentlemen in question, I'm sorry. Your flowers ended up with a Millwall supporter🦁4E479E75-0499-43E5-AD98-FAA2ABB68124.jpeg

Had a funny one like this years ago. Went to a cousin's funeral in Derby. He and his wife had moved there years before and his missus had found religion. Anyway there was a church service at a hallelujah church, all gospel stuff which the family from London didnt really "get into" .... so onto the crematorium, so far away that people who had recovered from the church service were arriving half way through the committal service. As we walked out to mingle around and look at the flowers, there was a surprising amount, including several relating to Man Utd. I hadnt seen him for years, but I was never aware that he was at all interested in football and particularly man utd. All the old ladies were saying what a lovely lot of flowers. Then as we began to wander back to our cars..... you can guess what's coming..... out of the other chapel at the crematorium came a bunch of people wearing red and white scarves and looking around for the flowers for the funeral they had just attended! They were just far enough away not to be able to see the wreaths placed for my cousin.
Funny as fuck, but to cap it off we went back into Derby for the drink up at a pub my cousin's daughter had recently taken over. Blimey, talk about a fragile rock of a place, couldn't stop laughing at the group of "regulars" in the main bar and the.music was blaring out on a Monday afternoon. All life was there, but the majority of them were about one hit away from taking the trip to the cemetery. I went to get drinks for my aunts, asked for a cinzano and lemonade for one of them.... got a blank look back and they didn't know what I was talking about. The closest thing they said they had was vodka!.

As we eventually drifted away after a few drinks, I googled the pub. It had just reopened after having its licence revoked for five years after the biggest drugs raid Derby had seen. There was photos in the local paper article showing the OB in riot gear jumping out of vans, blocking the whole street off. What a day.

Last edited:
Had a funny one like this years ago. Went to a cousin's funeral in Derby. He and his wife had moved there years before and his missus had found religion. Anyway there was a church service at a hallelujah church, all gospel stuff which the family front London didnt really "get into" .... so onto the crematorium, so far away that people who had recovered from the church service were arriving half way through the committal service. As we walked at to mingle around and look at the flowers and there was a surprising amount, including several relating to Man Utd. I hadnt seen him for years, but I was never aware that he was at all interested in football and particularly man utd. All the old ladies were saying what a lovely lot of flowers. Then as we began to wander back to our cars..... you can guess what's coming..... out of the other chapel at the crematorium came a bunch of people wearing red and white scarves and looking around for the flowers for the funeral they had just attended! They were just far enough away not to be able to see the wreaths placed for my cousin.
Funny as fuck, but to cap it off we went back into Derby for the drink up at a pub my cousin's daughter had recently taken over. Blimey, talk about a fragile rock of a place, couldn't stop laughing at the group of "regulars" in the main bar and the.music was blaring out on a Minday afternoon. All life was there, but the majority of them were about one hit away from taking the trip to the cemetery. I went to get drinks for my aunts, asked for a cinzano and lemonade for one of them.... got a blank look back and they didn't know what I was talking about. The closest thing they said they had was vodka!.

As we eventually drifted away after a few drinks, I googled the pub. It had just reopened after having its licence revoked for five years after the biggest drugs raid Derby had seen. There was photos in the local paper article showing the OB in riot gear jumping out of vans, blocking the whole street off. What a day.
That's a blinding story mate. Love it😂 Thank you.

After my ex wife’s funeral my current wife and sister in law left the crematorium to go to the wake and followed a car thinking it was from the funeral party. When it pulled up into a driveway a couple of miles away they realised that they were completely lost.

After my ex wife’s funeral my current wife and sister in law left the crematorium to go to the wake and followed a car thinking it was from the funeral party. When it pulled up into a driveway a couple of miles away they realised that they were completely lost.
Sounds like me at various aways over the years👀

Members online