FFS, where is football heading.

I seem to recall that some years ago (many years ago) there was a Christian player who refused to play on a Sunday. I cannot remember his name so “religious reasons” is not a new thing

I seem to recall that some years ago (many years ago) there was a Christian player who refused to play on a Sunday. I cannot remember his name so “religious reasons” is not a new thing
Jonathan Edwards the triple jumper wouldn't compete on a sunday.

As a catholic I never attend matches on Good Friday. Its probably the only home
game I’ll miss all season. I’m outraged that Muslims get so much sympathy in
this country with less than 1.5 million living here (at the present)

Can't see what the problem is, it's been happening the last few seasons. At least it's factored into the time keeping unlike all the time wasting and play acting that goes on.

When I was at the fire service college, we were doing real fire exercises all day, every day.
We had Muslim students from various places in the Middle East and Far East.
One of my staff, a Station Officer from Newcastle was liaison officer for these students.
When they arrived he would get them all together for a pep talk and briefing.
It was crazy to think they would do the strenuous work without eating all day.
If it was Ramadan he would tell the Muslims that he had personally contacted their imam in their home countries and that he had given them all special dispensation to eat during the day because of the work and training they were doing.
In exchange they must say extra prayers every evening after dinner.
Worked like a charm, every time and they all believed him.😂😂😂

I have to admit, when I first started I wasn’t sure, so I asked him one day if he’d really done what he’d said. His response…Did I fuck, man!

Dan Walker of BBC Breakfast and now Channel 5 News will not work on Sundays because of his Christian beliefs. Tolerance has always been a trait of British Culture.

Members online