Stat wnker alert.

Millwalls last 15 competitive games.

Won 5
Lost 8
Drawn 2
Scored 15
Conceded 20
Failed to score in 7.

Strike rate that would get us 50 off points and end up 16-18th.

Millwalls last 9 home games

Won 2
Lost 6
Drawn 1
Scored 9
Conceded 15
Failed to score in 5

Strike rate that would get us 36 points and end up relegated.

So our form is a bottom to lower division team with arguably the best squad we’ve had for years.

Something is not right. Seriously not right.

Stat wnker alert.

Millwalls last 15 competitive games.

Won 5
Lost 8
Drawn 2
Scored 15
Conceded 20
Failed to score in 7.

Strike rate that would get us 50 off points and end up 16-18th.

Millwalls last 9 home games

Won 2
Lost 6
Drawn 1
Scored 9
Conceded 15
Failed to score in 5

Strike rate that would get us 36 points and end up relegated.

So our form is a bottom to lower division team with arguably the best squad we’ve had for years.

Something is not right. Seriously not right.
think it's tactics & formation , we are too predicible

would say we are way off the pace, playing too nervous. Our quicker and younger players need starting. Cannot rely on the likes of Bristol making defensive mistakes and Pearson saying they were fitter is bang on sorry to say. Think the occasion affected us today, very difficult.

think it's tactics & formation , we are too predicible
I’ve been between Rowett out and on the fence for some time. I’ve never been totally convinced that he can get the best out of a good or bad team. Great (and I mean Great!) managers are like rocking horse shit. Rowett is far from a bad manager, let’s have it right. But he’s not showing signs of progress, if anything he seems to be stagnating like previous managers. Harris and Jackett were the same in the end, but arguably never had the same backing in the transfer market that Rowett has had.

It’s a fkin difficult one, but we are in a results based business versus what we have invested. This year, Rowett will have more expectations on him than ever. Bigger budgets, better quality and more money spent on transfers and a squad that has kept its best players.

There is no hiding this year. JB has given him the tools, he has to deliver. I hope he does.

That set up was fucking apalling,all the emotion and passion dissapated in under 5 minutes by sitting back from the get go and giving the crowd nothing to cheer and get involved with.
That really has to be one of the most inept performances i've seen for a long time.
Where was "come on boys lets fucking do this for JB" ,No we got lets sit back,give them the momentum and end up doing nothing in particular that resembled us as the home team.
A complete lack of urgency coupled with an inabiĺity to remotely threaten their keeper led to a fucking embarressment on what should have been the day when the whole squad ,Rowett to players should have bust a gut to honour JB'S memory,piss poor.

Those home stats are completely unacceptable, teams are looking forward to coming to The Den nowadays, easy point and good chance of all 3, that is fucking outrageous!!!
Could agree more and not just because they’ve f***ed up my league ladders predictions :wagging:

and giving the crowd nothing to cheer and get involved with.
Our support may be turning up in numbers but it does little more than that now and are far to quick to get on the teams back. A few good seasons under Rowett and people are expecting more. It's not as simple as that, every team has a ceiling and finds it's level.

Many threads/ posts are critical of individual players. Highlighting there shortcomings and weaknesses but at the same time we want the team to be challenging for promotion. How does that work?

It's sad to hear but the abuse, jeering, negativity and after as little as ten minutes into a game it's nothing but counter productive and unwarranted. Many an oppo manager will have told his team that if you silence the Den you're halfway there. Most of the noise i heard coming from the west upper today was fans with no patience laying into the team and aiming abuse at Rowett.

Nearly everything we pride ourselves on and are renowned for is fading away. Oppo players and managers used to hate coming to the den cause it was intimidating and hostile. Oppo wingers wouldn't go near the touchlines and would drift in field. Oppo managers would seek sanctuary in the dugout for the duration. Now it's our players facing the hostilities whilst playing or warming up.

We used to know when our team needed us and we delivered. A war cry in the shape of a monks chant would bit by bit get louder and ring around three sides of the ground. It used to make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, an eerie non stop din that went on and on and on. Our team responded in kind and rose to that battle cry.

Where has that all gone and why? Why all of a sudden do we aim our venom and ire at our own? The ones that need us most, the ones that thrived off of our raw and relentless support.

I won't give up doing what was ingrained into us after our first couple of visits to the Den. I tried twice today to rally the crowd by getting a monks chant going, fuck all happened bar a few strange looks from some perplexed looking strangers.

Football and following your team is about passion, faith and unconditional loyalty. If all that ceases so does the will to win.

Last edited:
Our support may be turning up in numbers but it does little more than that now and are far to quick to get on the teams back. A few good seasons under Rowett and people are expecting more. It's not as simple as that, every team has a ceiling and finds it's level.

Many threads/ posts are critical of individual players. Highlighting there shortcomings and weaknesses but at the same time we want the team to be challenging for promotion. How does that work?

It's sad to hear but the abuse, jeering, negativity and after as little as ten minutes into a game it's nothing but counter productive and unwarranted. Many an oppo manager will have told his team that if you silence the Den you're halfway there. Most of the noise i heard coming from the west upper today was fans with no patience laying into the team and aiming abuse at Rowett.

Nearly everything we pride ourselves on and are renowned for is fading away. Oppo players and managers used to hate coming to the den cause it was intimidating and hostile. Oppo wingers wouldn't go near the touchlines and would drift in field. Oppo managers would seek sanctuary in the dugout for the duration. Now it's our players facing the hostilities whilst playing or warming up.

We used to know when our team needed us and we delivered. A war cry in the shape of a monks chant would bit by bit get louder and ring around three sides of the ground. It used to make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, an eerie non stop din that went on and on and on. Our team responded in kind and rose to that battle cry.

Where has that all gone and why? Why all of a sudden do we aim our venom and ire at our own? The ones that need us most, the ones that thrived off of our raw and relentless support.

I won't give up doing what was ingrained into us after our first couple of visits to the Den. I tried twice today to rally the crowd by getting a monks chant going, fuck all happened bar a few strange looks from some perplexed looking strangers.

Football and following your team is about passion, faith and uncondional loyalty. If all that ceases so does the will to win.

It’s the way of the modern football fan now to constantly analyse and criticise their own players and managers. Right now Twitter is in meltdown full of Millwall, Leeds (Shacks and Cresswell are shit now btw), Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Cardiff, Stoke etc etc fans hammering their own clubs about playing 3, 4 or 5 at the back, poor substitutions, not signing ‘pacy young hungry 20 goal a season’ strikers, shit club shops and other generic bollocks.

Football fans used to go and watch the game, have a laugh, usually at themselves, then go down the pub and forget about it. Now after every draw or loss it’s endless boring stat wankery, pointless spreadsheet nonsense and of course demanding a new manager after two games of the season. Up until recently we were different but now our support is riddled with the same nerdy vlogger blogger type wally. I see on the other thread people moaning about the difference between the old gaff and the current ground. I wouldn’t change The Den as it now with the old place but I’d sure as hell swap the fanbase.

' The home stats are completely unacceptable '

We've lost ten games in the last 45 played at the den. And some want to see us in the premier league :rotfl:

I only get to a couple of matches a year so it's very disappointing to come over and see what I saw yesterday. It costs alot of money for me to get to the Den so when the players don't seem to turn up, that feels like a bit of a kick in the arse. I was gutted coming out of the Den yesterday to be honest. But that's football. Apart from the really top clubs, every team has their off days and maybe the day got to the players. Or maybe Bristol City just did a job on Millwall - they didn't seem to give the Wall players a minute on the ball. Millwall will go again next week and I'll hope for better even if I won't be back at the Den again until December.

For all that, I can't ignore Champ08's statistics though. On paper, we've improved our squad over the summer. I'm not a Rowett hater, but that squad should be doing better than those statistics show. However, it's too way early to come to any decision. Rowett's been backed in the transfer market, he's got a decent first team and an exciting bench. We've got enough quality to challenge for the playoffs at least. I'm wary of change at the top, we've had worse managers over the years. Say what you like about Rowett, but you can't say his record with us is bad, the question is can someone else do better. I hope our form improves. But if it's not getting better by Christmas, Rowett's position will have to be looked at. But my guess is things will have improved by then.

Last edited:

Football and following your team is about passion, faith and uncondional loyalty. If all that ceases so does the will to win.
No excuse for slagging your own players, in my view. All I can say is that I was in block 18, Docker's Stand upper. I can't say I heard any of the players being slagged off and there was great support, plenty chanting, including lots of "John Berylson". Probably wasn't the right place to bring my 2 young lads, as I forgot that that's one part of the Den where alot of the punters stand so there were times when they probably didn't get the best view of the game. However, in terms of support, I think they saw in block 18 what it is to support your team.

Great post. Sadly the Millwall we all knew and love has been slowly fading away the last few years, knew it would eventually happen but the speed has been frightening. Is it coincidence it’s been been during GR time who knows? but it’s clear he’s a manager that’s never got the crowd, what we are about or want in a team. Tourists bring money yes but they dilute the crowd and bring absolutely nothing but cash for the club and that’s all they care about. The club itself have slowly introduced measures that don’t help, wired barriers, stewards with too much power etc.We are in a generation shift as well, lots of younger fans who see football differently, influenced by premier league shit on sky and mates who follow clubs where the culture is different. Can we get it back who knows.

Football and following your team is about passion, faith and unconditional loyalty. If all that ceases so does the will to win.
Totally agree, times are changing and we now attract people that would not have been tolerated at the old place/times. However, Rowett is not beyond reproach, his tactics at home are wrong, we should be on the front foot and not allow the crowd to go quiet. More aggressive, attacking set up is needed, keep fans up for it and opponents on the back foot.
Very few people would have picked that formation yesterday and GR’s stubbornness led to and ‘up for it’ crown to go quite and allowed Bristol to settle.
I’m not having the strings and the Rowett out/ players are shit brigade but Millwall at home should be about the team and fans being in the oppo’s face?

However, Rowett is not beyond reproach, his tactics at home are wrong, we should be on the front foot and not allow the crowd to go quiet.
I agree, people are getting a little fed up at home games and will turn if it continues in the same vein. We have the players to attack and play on the front foot. They'll become redundant if they not utilised properly and allowed to play to there strengths.

As it stands we do look like we'll be more affective away from home and playing on the counter. We have pace in the side and two decent strikers that will score if given the right service.

Those home stats are completely unacceptable, teams are looking forward to coming to The Den nowadays, easy point and good chance of all 3, that is fucking outrageous!!!
Opposition managers will still say “it’s a hard place to come”. Every single time 😆