Ever support anyone else?

Before I ever went to The Den I had been to see QPR, Fulham and Chelsea as I lived in W.London. However, Man U were the big club for my primary school mates so I kind of followed them.
All my mum's side of the family are from Woolworth Rd and my uncle mentioned Millwall a few times so it started to interest me. So one day I got a Red Bus Rover from EC1 where I was living all the way to The Den (I must have been 8 years old) on my own.
When I got there, there was no one about but I could hear people inside. A couple of kids told me that we could bunk in cos there was a hole under the police cabin, so I went up the embankment and got in.
I stood at the halfway line and was disappointed as there were about 10 people on the pitch having a kick about and the supporters were standing around chatting and not taking any notice of the players so I left.
I didn't realise that it was half time.
Been hooked ever since. :shrug:

Quite simply did any of you support a different club for ANY reason before Millwall? I know 70s did and makes no secret. I was Hibs as a kid as I lived a stones throw away in Leith. It's not intended as a dig, I just wondered. I'll confess to Leyton Orient when I moved to London until my first Wall game in 74.
As you say mate. But I never felt right at United in the way I do at Millwall, which really is like another family to me now. Goes very deep. Got there in the end, as did we all. One of the best things ever to happen to me.

As you say mate. But I never felt right at United in the way I do at Millwall, which really is like another family to me now. Goes very deep. Got there in the end, as did we all. One of the best things ever to happen to me.
Really CR? You've never mentioned that before:):):)

Last edited:
When I was about 6 or 7, and this was in the mid 80s, I claimed to support Liverpool (who were winning everything).

My Dad and Grandad were having none of it - they both can't stand scousers and took me to the Old Den. 1st game was against Cloughie's Forest. Drew 2-2 with a last min equaliser. Been hooked ever since! For the record, I also can't stand scousers!

When I was about 6 or 7, and this was in the mid 80s, I claimed to support Liverpool (who were winning everything).

My Dad and Grandad were having none of it - they both can't stand scousers and took me to the Old Den. 1st game was against Cloughie's Forest. Drew 2-2 with a last min equaliser. Been hooked ever since! For the record, I also can't stand scousers!
Was that the promotion year?

Weren't we 0-2 nil down with 2 minutes to go? If it was that match I heard both goals on the way back to my car. Last time I left early.

As I've previously mentioned, my Dad took my Mum to a few home games when she was pregnant with me as she would want to stop off for a Pie n Mash before the game.

I first started going when I was so young I can't remember a time in my life when I haven't supported Millwall. The away games my Dad took me along in the 70s as a nipper were lively to say the least, but it never put me off. :ROFLMAO:

Members online