Even we don’t like us

kinelloz

Scrolling through the match threads recently you'd think we were in a relegation battle. So much fucking negativity 'we can't keep sitting back' (turns out we can), 'we need subs now' (turns out we didn't), 'Voglsammer offers nothing' (aside from a fair few assists and a couple of goals recently), 'you can't keep playing Bradshaw up on his own' (International call up and Championship player of the month tells me different) 'Rowett hasn't got a clue' (?)

Let's face it we are a shithouse team that everyone hates to play, we are ruthlessly well drilled, every man knows his job and backs his mates. We are a throwback team and I fucking love it.

Every time another self appointed giant of the game walks away mumbling about how shit we are and not believing how they lost to us it makes me happier.

Is it pretty? No, we didn't have the budget of Watford, Burnley, Norwich, West Brom, etc etc to be beautiful, we stuck lipstick on a pig and went after the fucking lot of them and it works.

Can't believe how many of ours can't see it, we're not lucky, you don't get 5th after 37 games through luck, we are a fucking good football team that cost fuck all with a manager and chairman we can be proud of.

Enjoy the rest of the season ffs.

Last edited:
Scrolling through the match threads recently you'd think we were in a relegation battle. So much fucking negativity 'we can't keep sitting back' (turns out we can), 'we need subs now' (turns out we didn't), 'Voglsammer offers nothing' (aside from a fair few assists and a couple of goals recently), 'you can't keep playing Bradshaw up on his own' (International call up and Championship player of the month tells me different) 'Rowett hasn't got a clue' (?)

Let's face it we are a shithouse team that everyone hates to play, we are ruthlessly well drilled, every man knows his job and backs his mates. We are a throwback team and I fucking love it.

Every time another self appointed giant of the game walks away mumbling about how shit we are and not believing how they lost to us it makes me happier.

Is it pretty? No, we didn't have the budget of Watford, Burnley, Norwich, West Brom, etc etc to be beautiful, we stuck lipstick on a pig and went after the fucking lot of then and it works.

Can't believe how many of ours can't see it, we're not lucky, you don't get 5th after 37 games through luck, we are a fucking good football team that cost fuck all with a manager and chairman we can be proud of.

I dont mean to be negative but, your way too positive :unsure:

Is it pretty? No, we didn't have the budget of Watford, Burnley, Norwich, West Brom, etc etc to be beautiful, we stuck lipstick on a pig and went after the fucking lot of then and it works.

Couldn’t agree more kinelloz 👍

Good points, the only thing I have an issue with is the sitting back, alright at times, but last night was tough watching, yes of course I'd take it if we win, but we are good going forward as well, and need to impose ourselves a bit more, I'd like to see us tear in Huddersfield like we did against Watford , they didn't know what him them and it was the start of this good form, against a team most people thought would see us off.

Good points, the only thing I have an issue with is the sitting back, alright at times, but last night was tough watching, yes of course I'd take it if we win, but we are good going forward as well, and need to impose ourselves a bit more, I'd like to see us tear in Huddersfield like we did against Watford , they didn't know what him them and it was the start of this good form, against a team most people thought would see us off.
I get that mate, it's fucking hard work watching it, but it makes us solid and really hard to break down. If we do let a goal in, it's hard to change mentality so when something like Luton happens we get caught out, but it's been successful more often than not. I agree, would be great to tear Huddersfield apart

Is it pretty? No, we didn't have the budget of Watford, Burnley, Norwich, West Brom, etc etc to be beautiful, we stuck lipstick on a pig and went after the fucking lot of them and it works.

So do you think we are lucky or not?

thing is if we don't sit back, and start lunging in, and leaving big gaps, there's so many good players in this division that hey would cut us in hfalf. we play to our limitations.

I'm glad you have noticed it and wrote this piece. Be careful that you don't get accused of being a bully for speaking your mind. There's a few proper divs on here that are quick to take the victim stance when taken to task. It's a forum for opinions after all.

thing is if we don't sit back, and start lunging in, and leaving big gaps, there's so many good players in this division that hey would cut us in hfalf. we play to our limitations.
Exactly. Rowett has the team playing to their strengths. He's shrewd and see's them everyday in training, he knows what they're capable and not capable of.

I'm glad you have noticed it and wrote this piece. Be careful that you don't get accused of being a bully for speaking your mind. There's a few proper divs on here that are quick to take the victim stance when taken to task. It's a forum for opinions after all.
Been accused of a lot worse than being a bully mate 😃.

At the end of the day, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but it does do my swede on here at times.

Some of the posts on the matchday threads are beyond parody, If I genuinely felt like some do about this team and manager I would give it up.

It always amazes me the things that are said that go unchallenged, like the myth about we would rather lose going all out attack than win by a single goal. In my experience that’s very much not the case, Holloway regularly went bat shit crazy with the formation and everyone use to do their bollocks when we got our arses handed to us. You might think GR is negative but nothing is as negative as being 3-0 down at HT to Preston.

Another fable is that we are used to all out attacking footballing sides over the years. I’d love someone to point out some of these free scoring free flowing Millwall teams because I can’t remember them. Every semi successful Millwall team that I’ve ever seen have been built on guts, sheer hard graft and commitment, something this current team have got in spades.

Thankfully compared to social media there are posters who post constructive and informative views, and will at least always front it up when proved wrong rather than the ones who disappear until the next time we lose or go a goal down then magically reappear criticising and sniping.

Another fable is that we are used to all out attacking footballing sides over the years. I’d love someone to point out some of these free scoring free flowing Millwall teams because I can’t remember them.
Same here. We've had some decent sides and good periods but on the whole not what some think and write about on here. It's my 45th season and have seen more doom that sunshine.