Esse & Tyler starting for the U21’s

Lions21

I guess that’s Esse on the bench for Blackpool. Would like to see what Esse and Tyler could do in the same team, gutted I could not get to the Den today. Good luck to the U21’s - the U18’s are second in their league too so the future looks promising. I don’t know who is responsible for the youngsters set up but must be doing a great job.

Last edited:
Burey has the potential to be an excellent player for us if the divs get off his back. I think he probably lacks a bit of tactical awareness and can be prone to switching off but he’s only going to learn by playing matches and with encouragement from the fans.

We’ve seen him come on and change a game so we know he’s got it in the locker. He’s tall and rangey with pace to burn and unlike most of our squad can crack off a good shot from distance, fuck knows why some took a bizarre disliking to him. Forget the limp performance on Saturday or the losses to the likes of Huddersfield for me the lowest point of the season was when he got booed without even touching the ball.

What I've noticed with Burey is that if there is space between him and the defender he has the pace to go passed him whereas if the defender closes him down he struggles

Well that’s the U21’s in the play offs, the young Lionesses won the junior cup and the u18’s are second in their league. Just need the first team to sort it now!

Class players can beat a player with footwork. They probably show off doing it in training but no confidence doing it for real. Dying art that and dribbling.
Dribbling has become a rarity in the game because of the coaching players to play possession based football. Individuals are frightened they could be responsible for giving the ball away or the crowd getting on their back.
The fear of failure on the bigger stage strangles the natural talent they possess.
Frank worthington, Stan Bowles , Tony Currie George Best and Gazza the game doesn’t produce these talents anymore because of this in my opinion.
Just read that the under 21s played a high pressing fast paced game that their opponents couldn’t live with . Burey and Esse brought off at half time, the future may be bright. Sooner than we think.

Dribbling has become a rarity in the game because of the coaching players to play possession based football. Individuals are frightened they could be responsible for giving the ball away or the crowd getting on their back.
The fear of failure on the bigger stage strangles the natural talent they possess.
Frank worthington, Stan Bowles , Tony Currie George Best and Gazza the game doesn’t produce these talents anymore because of this in my opinion.
Just read that the under 21s played a high pressing fast paced game that their opponents couldn’t live with . Burey and Esse brought off at half time, the future may be bright. Sooner than we think.
The difference with todays so called flair players is when they lose the ball they throw a strop or dive on the floor and expect someone else to get it back, the players you mention above when they lost the ball they would run all over the pitch to get it back.

The difference with todays so called flair players is when they lose the ball they throw a strop or dive on the floor and expect someone else to get it back, the players you mention above when they lost the ball they would run all over the pitch to get it back.
Or cheat trying to win free kicks and get players booked.

No one in our forward line up should fear losing the ball with the current tactics of lumping it up there to win a second ball. Regarding Burey taking players on when they go tight on him, that’ll come with experience and gym work.

Interesting , Burey was the only grown man on the pitch, so dominated...but, played well in parts, scored a penalty, but when on a breakaway one on one, with two open to his right, cocked it up. Esse was not the best player on the pitch, hoped he woud be, but tried too much on his own, one decent switch pass, but on this one half evidence not dominating and not ready for the first team.
In this match it was a bit 424, so when Burey and Esse came off at half time, we went 433 and of even 351, but were better for it, first half no centre mid looking for the ball at all .
Second half, the right back Walker pushed in the mid, and the sub Smith came in to Rb, and we were a better team for it. Walker wanted the ball, the other two mids, Lawson and Allen seemed to respond, suddenly we were passing with purpose. Abdul Abdumalick, the other sub is interesting, short and sqaut, and super strong, in old money one of a front two, but clearly had some thing about him.
All of them look pretty good , but long term pros? hard to tell, the strikers were ok, but Crewe really were children amongst young men, the centre backs looked solid, the players who stood out were lb Nino Adam Maliki , rb/rm George Walker and sub rb Kyle Smith