Esse playing for England U 19

Just watched tonight some footage of Romain playing for England under 19.
Great talent and unlucky not to score.
Some player we have there.
But can’t get a start for us?

I really hope he doesn’t have his head turned because of a lack of playing time with us

He has got to be one of the few outside the Premier to play in that team which shows how high others rate him yet can't get a full game with us.

Why has absolutely everything have to be a reason to cunt the manager? Has it occurred to anyone that perhaps Esse is doing so well because of the excellent way his development has been handled so far?
I totally agree, little by little coax him and other youngsters along. Playing U19 and doing well against other U19's is different to playing against senior experienced professionals. They will gain their experience.
I saw Bradshaw giving advice to Emakhu on Saturday and he was listening intensely.

Why has absolutely everything have to be a reason to cunt the manager? Has it occurred to anyone that perhaps Esse is doing so well because of the excellent way his development has been handled so far?

Management are probably more cautious when they saw how Burey was treated by some sections of the fan base.

People slag of Mitchell and Danny Mac for not being skillfull enough or forward thingking, same people slagged off Burey for being too forward thinking and not tracking back. If those players could do both they wouldnt be at Millwall very long and would be slagged off for leaving. Cant win with our fans it seems.

I totally agree, little by little coax him and other youngsters along. Playing U19 and doing well against other U19's is different to playing against senior experienced professionals. They will gain their experience.
I saw Bradshaw giving advice to Emakhu on Saturday and he was listening intensely.
To illustrate your point, look at the U21’s against Serbia on YouTube. A certain mr Philogene looked like Messi against his own age group. Mind you, he looked pretty good against us on Saturday too.

This. There are mistakes in his game when he gets his chance, along with the flashes of brilliance. I think he’ll get more time as the season goes and we have more points on the board.

Not cunting the manager at all.

simply saying if he keeps only playing a few minutes for us but plays for England he will get his head turned.

If your good enough your old enough, wrapping talented kids in cotton wool will get them nowhere, there are plenty the same age playing Championship football every week. The only way to learn is to get game time at the desired level and ten minute cameos can not be classed as game time, it takes longer to warm up.

He still has a lot to learn. Wasn't he responsible for losing the ball which led to Swansea capitalising and scoring? The fact he's part of the senior squad suggests that Rowett trusts in him. He's probably also very aware of what a few bad performances could do for him after seeing how Burey was treated by a section of our support. With expectations comes pressure and none of us know where the player is with regards to his maturity and mental strengths. lt's also quite possible that he's physically not ready for the rigours of a very demanding division to be playing every game.

He still has a lot to learn. Wasn't he responsible for losing the ball which led to Swansea capitalising and scoring? The fact he's part of the senior squad suggests that Rowett trusts in him. He's probably also very aware of what a few bad performances could do for him after seeing how Burey was treated by a section of our support. With expectations comes pressure and none of us know where the player is with regards to his maturity and mental strengths. lt's also quite possible that he's physically not ready for the rigours of a very demanding division to be playing every game.
I have to say about this treatment of Burey that has been built up into something bigger than it was. I have seen lots of flair players for us over the years who didn't exert the energy of Jimmy Abdou some may have got some stick some not. The stick Burey got has to be put in perspective. I was in next block didn't hear actual words that where said, but in a game as big as that, full house big expectations, everyone charged up with promotion slipping through our fingers every single player was being shouted at to battle and graft. Him keep responding to crowd obviously got their goat but turning and winking and smirking when the opposition t scored was something ive never seen or heard of at our club.
He couldn't handle the pressure. If he got cunted infront of his parents after thats out of order but i dont know where that rumour came from , did he say it , did the club?
He realised in the summer how he had acted and demanded a move.

I have to say about this treatment of Burey that has been built up into something bigger than it was.
I was told by the same people that witnessed him being racially abused by some complete fucking idiot in the carpark. I also read about it on HOF. It's no secret as to what went on.

How many other 18 year olds are regular starters in this division?
Not many I’d guess. I’d also say not many are keeping the premier leagues finest young players out at every level of England youth and u18/19.

im not suggesting he starts every game but starts in some isn’t ridiculous is it?

those lads from the premier league at England camp will be telling Rom all about their riches and will be hard not to turn his head if he’s not getting enough minutes with us.

Members online