Ellis Simms

The lad is 21 years old and has scored 8 goals in 21 appearances on loan at Blackpool, and has recently played for Hearts on loan, scoring 7 goals in 20 appearances!

He certainly knows where the net is!

For £500,000 it would be an absolute steal!
Only 15 goals in 40 appearances?
Not exactly prolific, is it?

Would give us height and power up front when needed. Well regarded in posts by Everton and Hearts fans. Prolific no but at 21 compare him to say Tyler Burey who’s older then yes prolific when you compare stats.

500K would be a great piece of business IMO

He is a unit and he's young and has an excellent pedigree. I don't know if he's a target for us, but he should be. Very similar to Solanke of Bournemouth but with raw edges. Everton are in deep shit financially but seem to be intent on jacking up the price. £500k to £750k would surely be enough to land him.

If we can get a couple more quality players in we could be serious contenders this year. Not much to fear in this division. It's wide open. EIO.

I agree I don’t think there will be any run away teams this season. Watford and Norwich have money but are struggling to attract targets. Burnley will be an unknown quantity under Kompany. Could be 3 or 4 places up for grabs this season and I think teams like us, WBA, Middlesborough, Swansea, Huddersfield and Luton know that. Sunderland could be the surprise package.

I agree I don’t think there will be any run away teams this season. Watford and Norwich have money but are struggling to attract targets. Burnley will be an unknown quantity under Kompany. Could be 3 or 4 places up for grabs this season and I think teams like us, WBA, Middlesborough, Swansea, Huddersfield and Luton know that. Sunderland could be the surprise package.
The three coming down will be there or thereabouts, think Luton were a one season wonder, same with Huddersfield, but agree on Boro, Swansea and WBA, Sheffield United will be in the mix too. No idea on Sunderland but as you say there's always a dark horse

Would give us height and power up front when needed. Well regarded in posts by Everton and Hearts fans. Prolific no but at 21 compare him to say Tyler Burey who’s older then yes prolific when you compare stats.

500K would be a great piece of business IMO
I was on a little fishing trip, Leon. ;)
I agree with you, he'll be a cracking buy.

This five subs is really going to change results. Whether it’s slowing down games and wasting time or chasing games, it will make a massive difference. I don’t think GR is too enamelled in having a big target man start games but I think he knows he needs that on the bench to change games aka Matt Smith. I can see Bennett, Burey and Simms if he signs being just that. Evans will be used to defend leads and I see fewer starts for Mitchell and Leonard.

Only a very few will play 90 minutes week after week, game after game. GR has commented a lot about injuries last season and I think he will use midfielders in particular sparingly.

I also think Cooper had an average season last year and GR has bought Cresswell in to push him and also have someone that can play out from the back when teams are sitting off and we are struggling to break them dow.

This five subs is really going to change results. Whether it’s slowing down games and wasting time or chasing games, it will make a massive difference. I don’t think GR is too enamelled in having a big target man start games but I think he knows he needs that on the bench to change games aka Matt Smith. I can see Bennett, Burey and Simms if he signs being just that. Evans will be used to defend leads and I see fewer starts for Mitchell and Leonard.

Only a very few will play 90 minutes week after week, game after game. GR has commented a lot about injuries last season and I think he will use midfielders in particular sparingly.

I also think Cooper had an average season last year and GR has bought Cresswell in to push him and also have someone that can play out from the back when teams are sitting off and we are struggling to break them dow.

Only bit I disagree with is Mitchell, he is highly thought off and will have to stay at his best, I think we are starting to see real competition for places and to be successful we need players to know, they either perform or face a spell on the bench. The 5 subs rule changes the dynamic quite abit, especially listening to GR speak about it.

This seems like click bait. A young player scoring well in the Championship does not go for £500K unless he is at the end of his contract and wont sign a new deal.

Something doesn't seem right to me about this supposed fee that Everton are asking. £500k for a youngster who has scored a decent amount of goals in two decent level loan spells? Usually you'd be looking at £1m at least surely.
Sims was with Everton for three years and in that time he only scored 1 goal for them (although he may have only played once for the 1st team but scored the goal in that game), so maybe that’s the main factor they feel he’s not for them?

Having said that, when Everton loaned Sims out to Blackpool for the 2nd half of the 2020/2021 season, he scored 8 times for them in 21 appearances. He also did the same when he was loaned out to Hearts for the 2nd half of the 2021/2022 season, where he scored 7 goals in 20 appearances for them! You would think Everton, being aware of this success rate, would give Ellis another go, but I guess they would rather spend £20M+ that they can ill afford to, on a player, even though it will cripple them financially to do so!

Their stupidity could be our gain!