Edwards out - Harris in

I am sure Bomber and Livers have learnt a lot since they left and will have seen at other clubs what works and what does not.

As for Aldo (i’m only guessing but there is something I am not keen on at all) he won’t be able to push Bomber around. I’m pretty sure one of the main reasons Joe got the job is that Aldo could wield his new found promotion/power with him. After the wheels came off he may have felt if I get Neil in the fans will buy in (the players too) and if it comes off I’ll be the hero/mastermind and my job is safe despite me really being a journalist.

Have to agree. I can't see Harris taking any shit from Aldo. Harris is a very strong character.

Harris coming back as ‘Head Coach’ doesn’t sit right with me. It assumes Aldridge has an element of control over Harris.
I doubt that mate cause Harris is his own man. I think Aldo is just trying to save his skin cause by all accounts he had a big say in Edwards coming to us. Maybe that's what you get with no real football people on the board and with a yank chairman. It's not unusual for clubs to pay trusted ex players/managers to help them draw up a short list of potential candidates. Al Fayed did that at Fulham. He paid Ray Houghton and Les Reed prior to getting Hodgson in.

In a way our current situation is like Holloway all over again. Complete fuck up at board level, league status in a perilous position and the natives getting angrier by the week. What do the board do to appease the fans and get them off of their backs? Employ a crowd favourite/ club legend.

It buys them time, stops the potential fans fallout plus it worked before. You could say it's a cop out in many ways but they had to do something. I just hope we can stay up and that Harris is big enough and wise enough to step aside once he's remit is complete. He's not the long term solution.

Once all is done in May i think the board need to have a look and ask questions of the director of football cause essentially this is on him. Managers get sacked, players dropped and even sold for poor performances. Aldo should not be immune to that. He's cost the club a fair few quid with this fucking car crash appointment in Edwards and he should be held to account for his actions.

Fuck me didn't it dawn on Aldo when interviewing Edwards that it all sounds great but we haven't got the players capable of doing what Edwards was putting forward? The first thing i would have to Edwards is it all sounds great fella but this is Londis and not fucking waitrose so what now?

But no out intrepid ex local news boffin fucking swallowed the pitch whole in one big gulp. What a complete fucking cockwomble he is eh :grinning: And then it goes to the board and they fucking nod it through and no doubt along some back slapping. Two fucking bob we are.

I thought at the time that Edwards was the wrong appointment and said so. Perhaps the right man but definitely the wrong time, Not because of him personally but because of his lack of experience managing and also working with players with no fucking feet never mind left and right. Fuck me Cooper could stick a ball on your foot from 60 yards if he headed it at you but can't complete a 2 yard pass when he's asked to use his plates. But he took the job in full knowledge of the squad and it's capabilities.

I almost ended up feeling sorry for but instead i have nothing but hatred for him cause in my opinion he's a fucking chancer and fraud that was wrecking my club.

Last edited:
I love Harris to bits but sorry this a fucking joke. Even if he keeps as up the moaning fuckers we have following as now we slaughter him again
Agree with this

I won't blame him though if we still go down, I think the damage has been done, but who knows

I personally think the players ain't good enough

God I hope i'm wrong

The experiment failed as we did not have the players that are needed to play for 95 minutes the way JE wanted.
Harris is a legend. Say what you like he got us back in the Championship, had a good go at the top 6 and took all the abuse and walked away! Then suggested Rowett and is now coming back when we are deep in it having dragged Cambridge up the League.
Good luck to him, need to get behind the Team .
Hopefully go 4-4-2 and I would consider playing Fleming down the middle.
COYL

Good luck to Harris, and I genuinely mean it, he's got a tough job on his hands. But personally, I think it's a bridge too far for him. Probably more so the fault of some of the hopeless shit we have in the squad then him. Half of them don't even know him enough to give 110% on the pitch for him and the club. They've already proved that in some of the recent performances.

Yeah, agreed, most of the supporters love him and will raise their voices at the games in full support. But fuck me, we're going to need more than that to get out of the mess. In fact, we're going to need a bigger boat.
:grinning:

Joint assistant head coaches Dave Livermore and Adam Barrett are the board having a fucking laugh 🤬

I couldn't give a monkey's arsehole about style of play. Watching centre-backs passing it to each other and the ball not going anywhere is as boring as it gets and totally pointless.

If we win, I don't care how we play. In we shithouse a 1-0 against the odds then I love it even more.

I just hate losing. I don't know if anyone has noticed that. I become the most/even more of an unreasonable cunt than I am already.
Spotted :grinning:

One question from me, can we still make the play offs?

Seriously, I think Harris will unite the players , many know him well, and he’ll install passion and pride. However it turns out, I’m certain that it’ll work out better than Edwards.
It wouldn't surprise me if the senior players were instrumental in Harris's return. They were lost under Edwards

Harris will get us playing with fight and desire something that has been lacking for weeks

I wish him the best of luck and if I don’t have to sit through the meek performances against Ipswich and Sheff Weds for the next 18 months then I will be very happy
Fight and desire eh. No plan no skills no positivity