Edwards out - Harris in

Don't know whether this will work or come back to bite us on the arse. What I do know is that I was embarrassed by some of our performances in recent weeks and the way opposition supporters were taking the piss. While that's not all down to Edwards, as manager he had to take responsibility and look to turn it around and, increasingly, there was little sign of either. I also know wasn't looking forward to heading to Southampton on Saturday but will now travel with a little bit of hope even if we get nothing out of the game.

To try and cheer myself up over the past few days I started looking at scenarios that would have us staying up and came up with needing to win last 2 games of the season - home to Plymouth, away to Swansea. Don't know if it will pan out that way but, if it did, am more hopeful with Bomber in the dug out than JE.

fk off Aldo your a prick , how he went from a spotty kid learning Journalism at the SLP to head of recruitment I will never know ,the sooner he goes the better.
I've been away for a few years and I'm a little out of touch, but my memories of Aldo were exactly that, wasn't he something to do with news at Den or something, and we all took the piss out of him.

How he can hold such a key position at the club defies any logic but he's getting his own back on us now

How did you remember all that?
GTF never scored for us in the ten matches he played, another wage thief.
Do you remember the home match? Completely outplayed but fought back until Shittu’s own goal cost us another point
Firstly, I was there and I felt like thumping Harris afterwards.

Secondly: I'm pretty sure, the great one (who doesn't post on here any more) castigated Harris on this forum for not putting Fabbrini on and his failure to make full use of him in subsequent games

How did you remember all that?
GTF never scored for us in the ten matches he played, another wage thief.
Do you remember the home match? Completely outplayed but fought back until Shittu’s own goal cost us another point
I was there and felt like thumping Harris afterwards :censor:

Also, I'm pretty sure the great one (who doesn't post on here any more) castigated Harris for not using Fabbrini in the Brentford match and under-utilising him in other games.

It's also possible, I might have done the Just Back :hmmm:

The appointment of Joe e and now Harris just goes to show how cheap and nasty our board is. Going to feel sorry for Harris good player for us but as a manager is record isn’t great. Let’s hope the fans don’t hound him out for the second time. It’s the boards turn to get the crap not the manager

Do you really fancy relegation then? That's what's on offer. IF, he can keep us up then we can should be forever grateful. Bloke loves the Club just as we all do. I'm amazed he is prepared to support us after the shitty ways we have treated him previously. Both as Player and Manager.

Apparently, some can!
I ask again, right now, today, what is your better alternative?
Good players rarely become good managers. Harris has failed at Millwall, Cardiff, Gillingham and Cambridge. If he had never played for us nobody would be saying he is a good appointment. I would try to get Mousinho from Portsmouth.

I think he's got some plus points given our final league standing up to this season. At board level Rowett will be marked as a success. More bumbs on seats than ever, salable assets and stability under his watch isn't to be sniffed at.

Of the two and if i had to pick one to be binned it would be Aldo. Car park man tells me that Aldo carries quite a bit of clout and has the final say on footballing/ recruitment matters which is a concern. Hr was JB's blued eyed boy by all accounts.
I get the impression that since JB’s passing, AA and SK’s influence has grown. Harris coming back as ‘Head Coach’ doesn’t sit right with me. It assumes Aldridge has an element of control over Harris. I’m yet to have a single person fill me in on what makes Aldridge qualified to manage the recruitment direction of an established Championship club.

Everyone says we are a well run club, mainly because we don’t tend to overspend. At the moment I have to disagree.

Good players rarely become good managers. Harris has failed at Millwall, Cardiff, Gillingham and Cambridge. If he had never played for us nobody would be saying he is a good appointment. I would try to get Mousinho from Portsmouth.

I've got my doubts about Bomber's return especially the length of the contract, but he's not failed at the clubs he's managed.

Mousinho would have been mad to swop likely promotion to the C'ship with a well-supported club like Pompey for a relegation battle with us.

His influence grows and grows while our club loses its identity. I don’t think it’s much of a coincidence. Plus generally speaking anyone that has any dealings with him doesn’t speak too highly. And he’s West Ham. Anything else 😂
When you say he's West Ham, what, he supports them?

I think he's got some plus points given our final league standing up to this season. At board level Rowett will be marked as a success. More bumbs on seats than ever, salable assets and stability under his watch isn't to be sniffed at.

Of the two and if i had to pick one to be binned it would be Aldo. Car park man tells me that Aldo carries quite a bit of clout and has the final say on footballing/ recruitment matters which is a concern. Hr was JB's blued eyed boy by all accounts.

Yeah, I thought he'd done pretty decent work for the club. I know the Spotters thought he did okay by them. And after a bit of Google work, I noticed he was quite liked over at Southend as well by the then chairman because he sorted out a lot of their financial problems they had.

I suppose I remember him for this below when talking about JB and not an hopeless cunt who needs binning off.

Got Cardiff into the play-offs from nowhere, left the next season and since then Cardiff have had multiple managers and they are basically in the same position as when NH left.

Gillingham is a basket case of a club, he was on a hiding to nothing taking that job but they were third when he was sacked.

Cambridge were fourth or fifth bottom when he arrived and are now in mid-table.

I am sure Bomber and Livers have learnt a lot since they left and will have seen at other clubs what works and what does not.

As for Aldo (i’m only guessing but there is something I am not keen on at all) he won’t be able to push Bomber around. I’m pretty sure one of the main reasons Joe got the job is that Aldo could wield his new found promotion/power with him. After the wheels came off he may have felt if I get Neil in the fans will buy in (the players too) and if it comes off I’ll be the hero/mastermind and my job is safe despite me really being a journalist.