Easiest Run-In!

I hate to say this,and hope I'm wrong, but I think our chance hs gone. Who are we going to overtake?
Norwich seem to have got their act together lately,Luton manage to win most of their games 1-0 ,are riding the stornm and I cant see that changing.The other three above us dont lose very often,so where will that leave us? Probably end up in 8th,as last seasonI, think last weeks game sealed our fate.
Erm, Norwich? 😉

The way Sheffield united are wobbling at the moment, I can see Middlesbrough taking 2nd spot.... anyone else has an outside chance in the play offs tbh

I remember a last game of the season at home to blackbum
We got fkd 4 1, and went up anyway
I got 1 of Colin hendrys boots my mate got his other back on the halfway my mate says you can have mine as a pair , I said cheers then looked they wer fkn massive usless,
slungum away on the okr later pissed

The Play-Off tide is now back up to 74. So, 14 points required from 9 games. 4 wins & 2 draws.
Realistically, it's now down to the top 8. Coventry have followed Sunderland and Watford by the wayside in needing 2.2 points per game which is Burnley's form. Can't see that happening. Even West Brom need 2 points per game which is automatic promotion form.

I remember a last game of the season at home to blackbum
We got fkd 4 1, and went up anyway
I got 1 of Colin hendrys boots my mate got his other back on the halfway my mate says you can have mine as a pair , I said cheers then looked they wer fkn massive usless,
slungum away on the okr later pissed
The reason we lost was because we had already gained promotion (and crowned Champions if I remember rightly) but it was more about stuffing palace over as it guaranteed Blackburn to get in the play offs and palace would miss out regardless of their result... which my palace mates STILL to this day say they owe us back for that one.. ;)

Don't you think yesterday was one of the easiest games we will get in the Championship, they didn't want the ball, technique was poor and it wasn't as thought they put their bodies on the line.
I think the defeat lies with us and not them earning it.
Responsibility is totally ours.

Don't you think yesterday was one of the easiest games we will get in the Championship, they didn't want the ball, technique was poor and it wasn't as thought they put their bodies on the line.
As I said psychological, you get your head in the right place and don’t let your mind wander you can win any game. I’ve always said our psychology of winning games is not perfect. Play a top team it’s a cup final, play bottom of the league, just turn up.

On paper it was, but that alone don’t win you football games.

Sometimes you come up against an opposition that resolutely just digs in and hold their nerve. Huddersfield did just that, and they would have deemed it a major success if they’d gone home with a 0-0 draw! Unfortunately, when a defensive team takes an unexpected lead in a game, they are only going to go more defensive in wanting to maintain that lead.

Would Rowett have done anything different if the roles had been reversed? I’m sure this season there have plenty of managers and supporters who were pissed off with us for protecting a lead against them, so why shouldn’t Huddersfield do the same? At this point of the season, they have a lot more to worry about than what we have on our plate! We should be thankful that we’re not in the same predicament as Huddersfield are this season!

As I said psychological, you get your head in the right place and don’t let your mind wander you can win any game. I’ve always said our psychology of winning games is not perfect. Play a top team it’s a cup final, play bottom of the league, just turn up.
How do you know that anyone that went on the pitch didn't have their heads in the right place?
I didn't see a lack of effort, what disappointed me was our lack of urgency to get the ball in the box and at least pick up the 2nd ball , which also leads to a lack of movement up front because of a lack of space.

On paper it was, but that alone don’t win you football games.

Sometimes you come up against an opposition that resolutely just digs in and hold their nerve. Huddersfield did just that, and they would have deemed it a major success if they’d gone home with a 0-0 draw! Unfortunately, when a defensive team takes an unexpected lead in a game, they are only going to go more defensive in wanting to maintain that lead.

Would Rowett have done anything different if the roles had been reversed? I’m sure this season there have plenty of managers and supporters who were pissed off with us for protecting a lead against them, so why shouldn’t Huddersfield do the same? At this point of the season, they have a lot more to worry about than what we have on our plate! We should be thankful that we’re not in the same predicament as Huddersfield are this season!
That is my point, I'm not talking about on paper but what we saw, in hindsight, they were a team that would struggle to beat charlton.
You can argue that Rowett could of done several things ,differently but that might not have led to a different outcome, for me we just weren't as good as we should of been in the last 3rd of the pitch.

Our defending a point has a bit of quality about it, they just had bodies in the way with very little quality about them and I feel we are good enough to get that first goal that makes them have to come out and score, which should have then lead to us getting a few more, the vital part of our game yesterday was poor and costly.

How do you know that anyone that went on the pitch didn't have their heads in the right place?
I didn't see a lack of effort, what disappointed me was our lack of urgency to get the ball in the box and at least pick up the 2nd ball , which also leads to a lack of movement up front because of a lack of space.
I don’t know they didn’t have their heads in the right place, neither did they. I look at the result. And a certain miss.