Dykes

Status
Not open for further replies.

‘ArryBoy

Seems Lions have offered $2m (with add-ons, whatever that means! )for Dykes. Wouldn’t touch with a barge pole- very poor scoring record and 2nd highest rated striker for missing chances in Championship. And seems far too much money

Seems Lions have offered $2m (with add-ons, whatever that means! )for Dykes. Wouldn’t touch with a barge pole- very poor scoring record and 2nd highest rated striker for missing chances in Championship. And seems far too much money
Over the last 3 seasons he has scored 2 goals more than Bradshaw has.

This. 100%

Think we would get more bang for our buck looking abroad for a forward!

Maybe another Dutch player that Flemming knows about?

Not expecting a forward of the emerging calibre of a Van Basten, Van Persie or Van Nistelrooy, but if we could get a player with half of their talent, think we could do alright!

The type of target man we need. Physical presence we have missed since Matt Smith left. Not necessarily for his goals but as a foil for Tom Bradshaw.
If there is any truth in a bid for him of around two million then I reckon that's not bad. It does show the ambition of the club, whereas not so long back it was journeymen we would sign.
Whoever we get I trust GR and JB to bring in the correct players for us.
Let's wait and see.

If we are in for Dykes no way we’ve put down 2M on the table up front. The add on bits are caveats like if he makes X amounts of appearances or scores X amounts of goals and if we win promotion, in which case it would be money well spent. The actual fee up front would be significantly lower.

Can use both feet, decent in the air, decent pace and has a good physical presence.

Don’t know what season(s) these goals were taken from, but they could have been from a few seasons back, when Dykes was more in his prime! If so, then we’re not getting a true reflection of how good he is now, outside the fact that we know he missed a lot of last season with pneumonia, which limited his goal scoring chances!

From that showreel it looks like he gets a fair bit of service with balls played into him from midfield. That could work for us if we had a fully fit Leonard playing in every game, but not sure if the likes of Billy could supply the necessary decent ball in to match the service Dykes got at QPR?

Time will tell I suppose, if we sign him, that is!

Given the prices of some forwards £2m is not bad. I think he would fit in well. Go nicely in our 3 man forward line we are playing next year. :unsure: We definatly need someone tall for the hoof ball phase.

Nisbet - Bradshaw - dykes

or my preferred option. A diamond

.......................................... Bradshaw
............................ Fleming.......... Dykes

.......................................... Saville

The way he’s being described I would have thought he’s ideally suited to Ainsworth’s style of football. So why are QPR willing to let him go?

My gut-feeling is there must be better options out there 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online