Do you want to see Wall in the premier league?

I want to see Wall in the premier league

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am conflicted on this and wonder how we'd upset the apple cart. I think we'd be in the news every week and could quite possibly bring grief for the club. Would an away day that good should we be 2-0 and no chance of coming back?

I really do think a stint up the top could really damage our club for several reasons. For on the premier and Sky are a platform for the politically correct and woke brigade. Everything that we're not and be letting them know that at every opportunity. Us booing the knee week in week out in front of a worldwide audience would bring allsorts of isssues. We'd probably pay more in fines than we did for a striker :grinning: :grinning:
Never underestimate little ole Millwall as you know mate. 😉 A club like no other - truly! 👍

Bit unfair mate but get your point. It's a tough one and a real test of loyalty. Never want us to lose and was sick after the Blackburn game which is rare for me. I always want us to win. I want us promoted but if we was getting spanked/ beat every week i wouldn't enjoy it nor look forward to going.
Brentford

Given this some whimsical thought and concluded that i’d like to see us promoted. Give the fuck off to plastic football fans, Sky et al, be the pantomime villain. Take the money and run.

Realistically, it’s not happening anytime soon and I’m happy seeing us be competitive in the C’ship. For the time being, I’d like a few more attractive performances and let’s take it from there.

Not fussed (bordering no)

Reason is that I can't help but feel the media/FA etc will have a field day about Millwalls past and never EVER stop being bias towards us (although I understand in part, as who wants trouble at a party!)...
However, the media are crafty, as if there is any crowd trouble from any other clubs (if they decide to broadcast it) they compare it to Millwalls history, so it looks like 'we' have been bad yet again when we haven't actually done anything, but everyone thinks we are in the news again!
When you look at our past, yes it may be colourful in parts but not as much as we have been in the papers!

I'm sure we'd be made to feel most unwelcome and made to feel as we are some sort of disease, so I'm quite happy where we are tbh.

Plus we don't have the finances to cope with that division and I wouldn't want to be the Prems whipping boys... nah, I can live without that.

To me, Millwall is Millwall whatever division we are in.

Given this some whimsical thought and concluded that i’d like to see us promoted. Give the fuck off to plastic football fans, Sky et al, be the pantomime villain. Take the money and run.

Realistically, it’s not happening anytime soon and I’m happy seeing us be competitive in the C’ship. For the time being, I’d like a few more attractive performances and let’s take it from there.
I voted not fussed, but agree with this.

however give our young Lions and Lion Cubs something to shout about at work and at school and they would also be able to say like many of us that they’ve seen Wall in the top flight.
Same here. I would love to see my son celebrate promotion to the top league with his mates at the den. Every Lion should be able to witness it at least once. The promotion season is what you'll enjoy properly and remember more about when you look years later.

How about being that yoyo team like Norwich or West brom? Until recently they did bounce back and forth season after season. So one season of winning and joy followed by one season of misery, being deflated, getting angry and then the inevitable relegation ?

My thoughts would be that the OB would have everyone wrapped up at away grounds if we went up. You don't see an awful lot of FV in the Prem. I wouldnt say every game, but the majority, perhaps.
There's quite obviously a few rivalries in the league, but i think that adds to the spice which would make great away days.

The way i see things is money is the key for the here and now in football. We're doing it the correct way right now and coming close. If there's that season in the Prem, the money gained would be a staggering amount for our club.

It would help go towards us building the new training ground facilities, which in turn helps out the academy players. The face-lift for the stadium. (Haven't heard much about this of late)
Money that maybe the Beryslon family can actually see something from, which would be well earned.

I'm not fussed about the knee thingy. We know who we are and what we stand for, rags and media can slate us but it's water off a ducks back at this point.

Besides all of that, Don't tell me you wouldn't be tempted for a chelsea away day ..... :cool::yes::grinning:
Great post mate. As for Chelsea, not on my worth getting nicked for list anymore. Been ther and went through em like a bad ruby. Mouthy firm now. I wouldn't be surprised if theynever showed or made an effort.

Last edited:
Not fussed. The money would be good, but having to doff your cap to the football authorities and sky, would dilute our identity.
We'd be treated like bad smell, having the audacity to gatecrash their flagship premiership.

I would like to see us in the Premier League as I don't think we would lose our identity no more than what's been lost already.
Even if we only lasted one or two seasons I think the time spent up there would keep the club financially secure for a good five to six years.
Also it would be nice to go on holiday knowing that most bars are showing our game on the telly without having to search for a bar that can put our game on.

Not fussed as I would only look forward to it if we had a team good enough to compete in it, that to me means a team that wins the Championship and stays together for the challenge of the Premiership, which would mean we would only need to bring in 4 or 5 quality players so that means we had a chance of making a profit from the season.
It would be the relegation that could rip the club apart as all the good players would leave and we would see the money quickly go as we try to get back up again, along with the fans who expect too much it could turn out to be a regretful situation.
Luton will tell us if it can be done, I don't care what happens to them but we will learn a lot about how a club like us should go about it if it ever happened.

Not fussed but I would like to see us go up via just for the experience of it all again. I was too young to properly appreciate it last time. But I like the championship, it's a very competitive league.

This

If you don't want promotion in all honesty why do you bother going ?
This. I’ve read all the posts but I still don’t get the notion of not wanting your team to get promoted. Why would we even cheer goals and celebrate wins?
I get that people would worry about our fanbase changing for the worse but I just don’t think it would. Not in a season or two anyway.

This. I’ve read all the posts but I still don’t get the notion of not wanting your team to get promoted. Why would we even cheer goals and celebrate wins?
I get that people would worry about our fanbase changing for the worse but I just don’t think it would. Not in a season or two anyway.
For me sport is sport, I watch football because I enjoy the sport, of course I hope my team win but the reality is no team wins week in, week out.... Do Charlton fans watch their team to get relegated?