Do we have enough "Forward thinking"/"Forward passing" Players in our squad?

Zampa96

I can just about name one, Flemming... Who else? lol

& When I say forward thinking, I mean players in which are programmed to always go forward when in possession of the ball, not just pass forwards because its the only option at the time... if that makes sense.

Saville was one on his previous spell with us. Leonard and Flemming also. I suppose you could add in Burke and Styles. It must be difficult to open up a defence with a pass when we basically have nothing up front to aim them at. Fucking crying shame that the player with the most forward passes is either the keeper or catapult Copper. Aim- fire

:hehe:

I can just about name one, Flemming... Who else? lol

& When I say forward thinking, I mean players in which are programmed to always go forward when in possession of the ball, not just pass forwards because its the only option at the time... if that makes sense.
Styles

Saville was one on his previous spell with us. Leonard and Flemming also. I suppose you could add in Burke and Styles. It must be difficult to open up a defence with a pass when we basically have nothing up front to aim them at. Fucking crying shame that the player with the most forward passes is either the keeper or catapult Copper. Aim- fire

You've got Copper on the Brain...I wonder why? **
:throw:

I think we all know a few Coppers we would like to aim a Catapult at.
:grinning:

when receiving a ball up field over say 25-35 yards our players stay static to receive it instead of moving towards the ball, then they have to kill the pass which is usually a problem. All bloody basics

I think Rowett tried to get them playing as you describe, but realised and not very quickly the team was only scoring goals from direct play or counter.
Have we got the players to suit either style , probably not .

I think we have enough.
What we will need to do next season is to get some pace into the team and play predominantly on the floor, when we have on occasions, we have looked a decent side. Doesn't have to be tippy tappy or sideways, just in the main keep it down and moving.
In my ever so humble opinion.

Watch the Watford and Sheffield United games again, we tore them apart with quick incisive play. We can do it, the mystery is why we do it so rarely.

(For the record, I know some of the goals against Watford were from free kicks lumped into the box, but we played some proper football too)

Then if we have said players, why can't we do more of it? Most games for us at the moment is like a training session of attack vs defence.

GR's tactics? I think reverting to a 3 at the back on Friday could be a shout as that seems to fit GR's way of thinking. 4 at the back leaves us exposed I feel currently.

Just frustrating as we have no real "Philosophy" as a club at the moment. Unless you want to class it as Hoofball... Even that means actually hitting our target men up top... more Hit and Hope at the Mo.

Then if we have said players, why can't we do more of it? Most games for us at the moment is like a training session of attack vs defence.

GR's tactics? I think reverting to a 3 at the back on Friday could be a shout as that seems to fit GR's way of thinking. 4 at the back leaves us exposed I feel currently.

Just frustrating as we have no real "Philosophy" as a club at the moment. Unless you want to class it as Hoofball... Even that means actually hitting our target men up top... more Hit and Hope at the Mo.
Man City's first gaol came from a hoofball/speculative punt upfield to Haarland who layed it off to KDB and goal, so it can work with the right players involved, as to why we don't play like that is down to GR and coaching staff I presume and we can mix it up, but is so ridged, there's no obvious fluidity.