Digital tickets

I think the QR code will be sent to your phone and you scan it at the turnstile. So no staff doing it.
They will need staff for when it goes wrong. Have seen it used at a rugby match. Its a right pain in the arse and very slow. Don’t know what happens for the young Lions & Lionesses do they all need smart phones now? Or multi season tickets on one phone🤷🏻‍♂️.

They will need staff for when it goes wrong. Have seen it used at a rugby match. Its a right pain in the arse and very slow. Don’t know what happens for the young Lions & Lionesses do they all need smart phones now? Or multi season tickets on one phone🤷🏻‍♂️.
Good point.Do you have to throw your phone back to the kids, or let them go in and trust they will throw it back. What I dont want is this moving on to paying on my phone at an entry point. If people knew how vulnerable on phone banking is no one would have banking on their phone.

Yes, I’ve heard that was designed to stop ticket touts.
It will also save the club money from having to make ST cards and printing tickets. A ticket tout could easily screenshot it then send you the electronic ticket, it already happens. It's the age we are in, same way when people go shopping, they use their phones to pay. There is nothing cynical about it, i don't always carry my phone and don't like the idea but times change. We can too ar not and get left behind.

It's the age we are in, same way when people go shopping, they use their phones to pay.
The information I have is that it is more secure to pay with your phone than getting your credit card out and putting it in the card machine.
Your actual card details are not transmitted, so therefore, cannot be stolen.

But hey, what do I know? That might be complete bollox.
But, my son (the computer one, not the teacher) did confirm this.

Do you say this to your bank and ebay? Do you still walk or drive to the bookies or do you gamble online instead? What's the problem?
The problem is technology is being forced on us. When the internet started it was the worlds biggest ever experiment with anarchy, and it worked. Nobody owned it, anyone could contribute, people gave free help and advice. Now it has been taken over by big corporations. Google, Facebook, Amazon and Microsoft control everything. When you buy a laptop they pester you to open a Google and Microsoft account before you can get online. They decide what sites you see and monitor everything you do. People are giving away their personal details just because it is easy. We are being conned into a cashless society. There is no reason why a football club need to know our name, date of birth, address, phone number, bank details and e-mail address just so we can buy a ticket for a game that has no need to be all ticket. This is just the beginning. One day a hacker will bring the whole system down. We will find there is no money in our bank accounts and we will have no claim for compensation because we willingly gave away too much information. To answer your questions, I don't use internet banking, Ebay have false information linked to a prepay card and i use Betfair because they give better odds, but my Betfair account rarely has more than £200 and it is linked to the same prepay card.

The problem is technology is being forced on us.
It isn't, you can opt out.

When the internet started it was the worlds biggest ever experiment with anarchy, and it worked.
Go on expand.

Now it has been taken over by big corporations. Google, Facebook, Amazon and Microsoft control everything.
Everything online or absolutely everything?

They decide what sites you see and monitor everything you do.
Of course it's monitorable but if you have nothing to hide what's the problem? They decide what you see? What can't you see on the internet? From horse racing results to humans shitting in a milk bottle. it's all there Arthur, everything. It's all there because contrary to what you think, it isn't as policed as you might think. You can't watched bods being beheaded on Sky or channel four but you can onloine, unfortunately!

People are giving away their personal details just because it is easy.
People are doing that because they're willing to. Thems the rules of sign ups to platforms. If you're daft enough to want to be on facebook then you'll hand over your personal details. Once of there, the same fuckwits then post pictures of themselves, there mates and every fucking meal they'll ever eat until death. There's an option not to sign up, it's quite simple.

We are being conned into a cashless society.
You might think that you are and people born into it won't know any different. I just see it as evolution, the technological age is upon us and that's the way it works. Humans once used bartering systems, then cash, then something else. I don't like the idea of going cashless but one, i can't stop it and two, i tend not to see a conspiracy in everything that the system does.

What would be point? what you gonna do? Start a revolution? go and live a in tree and sing Kumbaya whilst holding hands with some hippies? or just crack on with your life? What is at the end of this ' con ' what's the catch?

There is no reason why a football club need to know our name, date of birth, address, phone number, bank details and e-mail address just so we can buy a ticket for a game
You are correct, you can walk up to the Den and buy a ticket with cash, no questions asked. In some cases such as going away you do and if you've followed Millwall for as long as you have you will know why.

You may not agree with it, but there's a reason for it. If youmake any sort of transaction online then you're willingly handing over your information. No different then when our mums when they bought on HP from a catalogue, rented a TV or bought tickets for a fortnight in Benidorm.

This is just the beginning. One day a hacker will bring the whole system down. We will find there is no money in our bank accounts and we will have no claim for compensation because we willingly gave away too much information.
Righto :smoke: Seeing as we live in a capitalist society and the system relies on us producing and spending. How do you think that'll will help the system and production lines that all of us are dependent on? If we don't spend the sytem collapses, how will that benefit anyone?

To answer your questions, I don't use internet banking, Ebay have false information linked to a prepay card and i use Betfair because they give better odds, but my Betfair account rarely has more than £200 and it is linked to the same prepay card.
If you use the internet then you are tracable. No more or less tracable than if you have a ticket for football on a mobile. IP addresses subject to what many think are very much traceable no matter how many blockers and dark servers you go through.

That was actually Quite funny.:clap::)

I think the QR code will be sent to your phone and you scan it at the turnstile. So no staff doing it.
Sounds great,but have you ever been anywhere where people with "smart phones " that are smarter than them cause fucking chaos by not knowing how to use them.As well as staff who haven't got a fucking clue either.
Guaranteed delays.
and the point of this all is??????

Sounds great,but have you ever been anywhere where people with "smart phones " that are smarter than them cause fucking chaos by not knowing how to use them.As well as staff who haven't got a fucking clue either.
Guaranteed delays.
and the point of this all is??????
Us now fair-weather fans don't have to queue up twice.