Current Available managers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zidane still out of work., might be fed up picking up the French/Spanish equivalent of the old sausage , looks a bit of a moody cunt ,should slot in here nicely. 😉

Always thought that if a manager was to come into Millwall with a "new" philosophy It would be tough.

We aren't your "average club" with "average" fans.. we are a lot different to most clubs who I'd say we was on similar stature with if/when comparing. Teams such as Ballmouth, Brentford and Brighton as just examples, are very mouldable clubs IMO, due to their lack of "history". Whereas Millwall are completely different, I think we're quite rigid when it comes to being modulable.

Managers have a style of play and so do clubs historically. It's like a battle of two minds, with one always coming out on top compared to the other, in this case (& every case), it's the manager who gets sacked 9.99/10.

I think if the clubs vision was to appoint someone with a different vision/style of play, whose young and hungry to prove what they're made of, it should of been Kevin Nugent IMO. Otherwise does he just stay as the U21 manager until someone else gives him a chance to shine?

Both with 0 experience managing a club team, but in terms of knowing the club. KN would of been the obvious option tbh.

Think if we where to turn back the clock, I'd rather of risked hiring KN than JE. Especially with how we're doing now.

IMO Working with youngsters at clubs like Chelski etc compared to Millwall is chalk and cheese. Different expectations, different lifestyles etc. Some of the youths JE worked with at Chelsea, are paid similarly to our top earners in the first team...

Easy saying the above. All perspective and potential BS but thats football.

Always thought that if a manager was to come into Millwall with a "new" philosophy It would be tough.

We aren't your "average club" with "average" fans.. we are a lot different to most clubs who I'd say we was on similar stature with if/when comparing. Teams such as Ballmouth, Brentford and Brighton as just examples, are very mouldable clubs IMO, due to their lack of "history". Whereas Millwall are completely different, I think we're quite rigid when it comes to being modulable.

Managers have a style of play and so do clubs historically. It's like a battle of two minds, with one always coming out on top compared to the other, in this case (& every case), it's the manager who gets sacked 9.99/10.

I think if the clubs vision was to appoint someone with a different vision/style of play, whose young and hungry to prove what they're made of, it should of been Kevin Nugent IMO. Otherwise does he just stay as the U21 manager until someone else gives him a chance to shine?

Both with 0 experience managing a club team, but in terms of knowing the club. KN would of been the obvious option tbh.

Think if we where to turn back the clock, I'd rather of risked hiring KN than JE. Especially with how we're doing now.

IMO Working with youngsters at clubs like Chelski etc compared to Millwall is chalk and cheese. Different expectations, different lifestyles etc. Some of the youths JE worked with at Chelsea, are paid similarly to our top earners in the first team...

Easy saying the above. All perspective and potential BS but thats football.
FA picked him for national team as caretaker.

Good point. It's this sort of nonsense that gets to me.

With some appointments and not just managerial positions (and not just Millwall either), is that they name drop clubs and associations of a higher calibre prior to the appointment as to give the illusion that we are now going to be like these bigger clubs and have contacts and loans etc... just stupid transparent marketing nonsense, a false build up to sell something substandard (should have been our first clue tbh)... if he was THAT good, they wouldn't have let him go to lil Wall now would they.

I think the only manager they could parachute in an attempt to try and keep us up and maybe a chance, because of his legendary status with the club and supporters and knowing the players already would be Neil Harris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online