Cresswell penalties

Simple really, if on the bench and we are 3-0 up, 90th minute bring him on
That is a game played unless the clause is start games

I think, to some limited extent, that should be standard practice after all there's 3 beneficiaries in the deal. It always seems weird to me that you'd take someone on loan and not play them :shrug:
What about if the player is performing poorly or the manager wants to drop him for tactical reasons? What message does it send to fringe of youth players hoping to make the first team squad?I think it's a shit deal with no incentive for a player to put in 100%.

Last edited:
What about if the player is performing poorly or the manager wants to drop him for tactical reasons? What message does it send to fringe of youth players hoping to make the first team squad?I think it's a shit deal with no incentive for a player to put in 100%.
If he's playing shit then send the fucker back!

As I said there are 3 beneficiaries in thee deal, potentially. The loaning club and the loanee are getting valuable experience and playing time and the receiving club (us) are presumably getting a player of a higher quality than we have in the reserves/youth set-up. If he's not up to muster or putting a shift in, or his attitudes poor, then there should be facility to ship them back. I just find it odd when clubs take loanees and don't play them only for them to languish on the bench when they could be languishing at the parent clubs.

Fuck knows what's happened to Wallace, player of the season to this, hopefully just a bad spell!
He’s better at left back with Coops to his right and a player like Styles ahead of him so he can also get forward in support when we attack.
It’s the 3 centre backs/formation that’s not helping any of our defenders.

I think the deal Arsenal were offering on Ballard wasn’t worth the risk given his injury concerns, Burnley were in pole position to sign him but pulled out at the last minute and Sunderland took a chance and he’s subsequently been out for the majority of games so far. However I would 100% agree that a fit Ballard is a much more accomplished player than Cresswell.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player as raw as Cresswell. He obviously has talent and is a threat from corners and while you can’t question his effort or attitude his decision making and positioning is terrible at times and it shows particularly in away games when we are under large spells of pressure. A lot of Leeds fans think he should be in their first team but they must be silly as arseholes especially when you see how he struggled against good strikers like at Burnley and Sheffield United as well as yesterday.

If there are financial penalties in the deal where we have to pay a larger percentage of wages if he doesn’t play then I’d get rid in January if not sooner if he doesn’t improve defensively. Maybe he will pick up a bit of form but right now I think we need to get back to basics and pick a solid back four with any two out of Hutchinson, Cooper, Wallace in the middle or failing that maybe try Evans or Leonard at CB.

If all central defenders available not sure he should make the starting lineup.

Defensively looks shaky!
He’s also the most likely to give a penalty away as he’s a tad dirty.
In years gone by would probably have made a good defensive centre midfielder.

We thought we were getting a ball playing CB, what we have is a player way out of his depth costing goals.
Needs to be fucked off back to Leeds ASAP, play 4 at the back and get Muller or Mitchell back as cover.