Cresswell going back?

pathetishater

Lots of talk that Leeds aren’t happy that he is on the bench too much at millwall… they seem to think that lots of clubs want him and he could play in premiership… he’s not even good enough for the championship… he is a liability on the pitch .. so he can go back to Real Hovis land

Should have signed Ballard. Big mistake letting him get away to a rival. Ready made replacement for Hutch and had already proved he was good enough.
We got it spot on not getting Ballard. The medical brought up issues and with what would have been a reasonably high transfer fee it wasn't worth the risk for a contract. Didn't Burnley also pass up on him?
Has only played a hand full of games at Sunderland owing to injury and don't forget he had a couple of extended periods with us out owing to injuring.
I don't think Creswell is terrible, he has contributed to our league position and chipped in with a few goals and lets be honest he is with us to learn his trade. But yes he has made a lot of mistakes, i wouldn't think it a loss if he left us and we got someone else in.

I would say that part of his learning is about fighting for his place be it at millwall or anywhere else. Is he rolling his sleeves up and showing on the training ground that he should be in the starting 11....I think not. If he can't do it here he stands no chance at a premiership club

Fat Dan said that respected source from Leeds said he is going back to Leeds so that they can loan him out to another Championship side. I suggest that they look at the lowlights of our defeat to Sheffield United in the cup before making any move for him. He got skinned for the first goal and completely missed his tackle near the right corner flag for the second. He is a liability and his loss would not be one we might cry over. He is physically exactly what you need in a CB but he makes poor decisions which can lose you games. Maybe Leeds see something in him but your average Millwall fan think he is poor. He certainly is a big presence from set pieces and took his goals well for us. However, as a CB his first job is to defend and he is not very good at it. Ballard was a class act and has defensive qualities that Cresswell can only dream about. Bye bye Charlie!

Has an annoying tendency when pulled out wide to dive into tackles when he should stay on his feet. Plus he’s not comfortable passing the ball across the back.

Needs to drop a division or two on loan to get the experience he needs.

Last edited:
I wd keep him till there is a credible plan for an alternative. Murray is having a mare at times. Hutch hits 30 Cooper seems not to develop. Hayden released. Cooper wd have been skinned v Sheffield just as Cresswell was - that forward was different by class and beat all our backs one at a time

He didn't want to sign, plus he's a crock, no mistakes by us. If we did get him the managered would be blamed for his spell on the sidelines, they can't win.
He had a broken foot at Sunderland, nothing to do with previous injuries and to be fair, even injured he is still better than Cresswell.

He had a broken foot at Sunderland, nothing to do with previous injuries and to be fair, even injured he is still better than Cresswell.
Regardless of those things he didn't want to come here. Money talks. It's easy to say we should have signed him and then hang it on the club as a mistake. Hindsight is wonderful!

Members online