Cresswell bid

Does Cresswell have the passing ability that Edwards would like in a CB?
The financial side of it doesn't bother me as it is the Berylson's money and it's their choice how to spend it.
Any permanent signings we make should be ones that fit Edwards style of play and whilst I like Cresswell I don't think we could tell from his Wall games if he is good enough on the ball for Edwards.
That’s where I thought Ballard was very good for us. His distribution was so much better than anyone I’ve seen at the back for years and didn’t seem like he was going to shit himself when someone ran at him.

That’s where I thought Ballard was very good for us. His distribution was so much better than anyone I’ve seen at the back for years and didn’t seem like he was going to shit himself when someone ran at him.

Totally agree.

Without knowing the details, I still think that Ballard was the one that got away. Sunderland fans reckon he will be playing in the PL next season whether they go up or not.

There were various reasons suggested why he didn't join us: We thought that he was injury prone? Maybe but he's played a fair few games since he left us; Salary too much? Not if the 'Sunderland Echo' is correct. He's on £15k/week; Arsenal sell-on clause too demanding? I don't see the problem. Players can move on for free at the end of their contract as we discovered with Jed.

Perhaps the simple fact is that he didn't want to join us? Ah well, never mind. Move on.

Cresswell would be a great signing. We lack quality at CB. Cooper and Hutch have been great, but it's time to move on. Cooper was like a fish out of water when we were playing well in the first half hour Saturday. He isn't an Edwards player.

As for forwards, we need one, but they cost more than £4m unless you take a punt

What we are crying out for is pace. One of my lot said it Saturday, we're 57 and would fancy our chances in a sprint against most of our lot.

Cresswell and Farke obviously have issues!

Had a quick look on one of the Blackburn forums, and they’ve been talking about getting Cresswell, and the general consensus of opinion is that the club doesn’t have the funds to buy him, and they would have to sell a few players to generate enough money to bid for him!

At the moment their supporters would rather use any money they get on a goalkeeper, two full backs and a forward!
Apparently they’ve offered £2M

I can’t remember the last time we paid any significant fees for a player during a January window in all honesty, so I’m not getting my hopes up.

Unless JB and Aldo see this as an opportunity too good to turn down - sometimes you need to pounce when situations like this arise.

Any outlay on Cresswell could easily be trebled or more, he has so much potential.

Apparently they’ve offered £2M
Wow.

Like I said, according to their supporters they believe they have to sell first before they can buy anybody, and at the moment they would prefer any money being spent on a goal keeper, full backs and a forward!

Maybe the Venkys have found a spare £2M down the back of the sofa!

Think we will.out bid them if its £2m, reckon we will sign him.
He won't be coming to us. It would mean he took a pay cut which isn't going to happen. He can get at least double what our structure would allow us to pay in wages unfortunately. He wouldn't get 10k a week with us but can earn 15/ 20k at a fair few championship clubs. He signed a new improved contract al Leeds. I reckon he'll end up at either Middlesborough or Southamptonif he wants to settle down south and if indeed he is going to be sold at all. Need to move on i think and hope we can get another gem from a prem club on loan.

LeedsLive have now reported that the defender has been subject to “multiple” bids already this season, including from the New Den with Millwall.

No club is yet to push close to Leeds’ asking price, meaning nothing is advanced at this stage for the centre-back to head elsewhere in the Championship.

it has been previously claimed that an asking price of £4-5million is the region in which Leeds’ rivals will have to meet if they want to sign Cresswell

We could put Zian on a train to Leeds and do a straight swap for Cresswell.
Fleming has had a tough time lately and probably hasn’t been worth a starting place in the side.
But the signs are there he’s on his way back, work rate is increasing and his involvement in key moments for us will to. Attitude is key in my opinion once he’s got that right the rest will fall into place. Probably thought the championship was all a bit too easy after the first half of last season. Now he’s more of a marked man and has to work a lot harder to find time and space to operate.
We need to have faith , he will come good.