Cresswell bid

Been thinking about this and the reality is, Blackburn are liable to go and throw a pony a week at him in wages. Which we just wouldn’t do.

Been thinking about this and the reality is, Blackburn are liable to go and throw a pony a week at him in wages. Which we just wouldn’t do.
Had a quick look on one of the Blackburn forums, and they’ve been talking about getting Cresswell, and the general consensus of opinion is that the club doesn’t have the funds to buy him, and they would have to sell a few players to generate enough money to bid for him!

At the moment their supporters would rather use any money they get on a goalkeeper, two full backs and a forward!

Four million and more than fifteen k a week in wages :bounce:we don't half dwell on the past at times. We're a stepping stone for players who can demand more money that we can pay. Ballard on example. Norton Cuffy will be another. If we're chucking money about i'd rather a goal scorer.

Does Cresswell have the passing ability that Edwards would like in a CB?
The financial side of it doesn't bother me as it is the Berylson's money and it's their choice how to spend it.
Any permanent signings we make should be ones that fit Edwards style of play and whilst I like Cresswell I don't think we could tell from his Wall games if he is good enough on the ball for Edwards.

We need a proper striker , had so many chances Saturday but no one to put them away....
If this style is what Edwards is going to persevere with then he needs someone in rapid to convert these opportunities because we'll get stung again and again like we did Saturday.

I think Creswell’s passing ability was quality from the games he played, his distribution both long and short was very good, a few long balls out from the back were spot on so I hope that we can get him back in

The financial side of it doesn't bother me as it is the Berylson's money and it's their choice how to spend it.
Any permanent signings we make should be ones that fit Edwards style of play and whilst I like Cresswell I don't think we could tell from his Wall games if he is good enough on the ball for Edwards.
Mate do you just write stuff to get bites? 😂😂

I remember Cresswell hitting raking passes from wide right to wide left that found a teammate 👍

Comfortable on the ball, initially prone to get caught in possession but seemed to have eliminated that by the time his loan ended.

I’d gladly welcome him back but the price would have to be right for us. No silly money!

Is this the same Cresswell. Who made mistakes that cost us points.

Who struggled to get in the team until back end of January last year then had a could decent games before his injury at WBA?

The same Cresswell who can't get anywhere near Leeds first 11

Is this the same Cresswell. Who made mistakes that cost us points.

Who struggled to get in the team until back end of January last year then had a could decent games before his injury at WBA?

The same Cresswell who can't get anywhere near Leeds first 11
Cresswell started with a "bang" scored a couple looked good full of confidence and i felt he thought that championship football was going to be easy.
Reality bit,he made some glaring mistakes but was quickly dropped by Rowett and must have got some very good coaching.
He looked confident and self assured on his return to the team and i had no concerns over his distribution.
IMO would be a great signing that would bolster a slow and ageing CB area.
Just out of interest mfcv (not digging you out)who do you think out of our squad would get close to Leeds 1st X1?

We won’t pay £3/4m or the wages involved, but if we did it should be seen as an investment as his market value will surely grow. We don’t take these sorts of gambles, sometimes it hurts us, eg Huckerby, sometimes it may/may not work out ie Ballard, but I think Cresswell would prove to be a financial asset.

Cresswell started with a "bang" scored a couple looked good full of confidence and i felt he thought that championship football was going to be easy.
Reality bit,he made some glaring mistakes but was quickly dropped by Rowett and must have got some very good coaching.
He looked confident and self assured on his return to the team and i had no concerns over his distribution.
IMO would be a great signing that would bolster a slow and ageing CB area.
Just out of interest mfcv (not digging you out)who do you think out of our squad would get close to Leeds 1st X1?
Probably De Norre at a push that is about it.

Members online