Cresswell bid

HappyLion

Millwall have emerged as “shock” contenders to sign Leeds United outcast Charlie Cresswell on a permanent deal as the Whites want around £4million, according to Alan Nixon.

Lions head coach Joe Edwards is looking to use his contacts at Stamford Bridge by landing highly-rated defender Alfie Gilchrist

Yes. I do think this should be outside the normal thread. I am allowed as I am in 'Shock'.

Millwall have emerged as “shock” contenders to sign Leeds United outcast Charlie Cresswell on a permanent deal as the Whites want around £4million, according to Alan Nixon.

Lions head coach Joe Edwards is looking to use his contacts at Stamford Bridge by landing highly-rated defender Alfie Gilchrist

Yes. I do think this should be outside the normal thread. I am allowed as I am in 'Shock'.
Which one or both?

Alan Nixon gets a lot more stories wrong than he does right, so take it with a huge grain of salt.

Personally I’d love Cresswell to sign for us permanently - it would give the players and supporters a massive lift going into the 2nd half of the season, but where’s the money coming from?

With FFP, we’d probably have to sell Flemming first for anywhere between £6M - £8M to buy Cresswell outright, and have a few million left over so we don’t fall foul of the FFP rules!

Either that or we’d have to hope that Leeds would be happy to accept X amount down and the rest paid off in a number of instalments, but can any of us honestly see Leeds being happy to do that?

Alan Nixon gets a lot more stories wrong than he does right, so take it with a huge grain of salt.

Personally I’d love Cresswell to sign for us permanently - it would give the players and supporters a massive lift going into the 2nd half of the season, but where’s the money coming from?

With FFP, we’d probably have to sell Flemming first for anywhere between £6M - £8M to buy Cresswell outright, and have a few million left over so we don’t fall foul of the FFP rules!

Either that or we’d have to hope that Leeds would be happy to accept X amount down and the rest paid off in a number of instalments, but can any of us honestly see Leeds being happy to do that?

Should have sold Fleming when we had the chance , not worth anywhere near last season figure banded about , then we would have had Cresswell... already & a decent forward

We're get round it doing a Man City! 😉

Would be brilliant if we did sign him, could pick him up for about 3M with the usual ad ons and sell on fees. Rekon it will go the way these type of bids go, lots of talk, we get all excited and optimistic and nothing. Here is hoping but more chance with another loan youngster that Joe may have lined up.