Coventry V The mighty Lions------ Sunday 12pm

Absolutely nothing. No emotion, good or bad. No despair, no protesting, not even guilt. Nothing. He has personally lost us points. A single player has cost us points.
If you watch the highlights you will see he looks quite shocked/surprised and embarrassed. These were his emotions

I know someone said you make your own luck. My memory is terrible now but we have had some horrendous luck and poor decisions. You throw em out there for everyone to see, couple I can remember, ball off bar hits blokes arm but he scores. Clarke wins penalty for Sunderland after Lenny toes ball for corner. Sorry but that’s all I remember. But I know there’s more. Just imagine if our poor luck was reversed to good luck, nobody would be moaning. JE has jumped in the deep end not knowing somebody swapped his flippers for lead boots.

For those who are tearing JE a new one and think bringing in a new manager is a good idea, along with comparing him to GR's record: Up until this point, there is very little difference between the two this season, other than JE has had a terrible time with player injuries. Off the top of my head, more problems than GR had, I think.

When JE did have a settled team, he put a good run together. Even in defeat, there have been some good performances, although the team couldn't sustain it for most of the game. Of course, as usual, some shit as well. But once again, so did GR. Norwich springs to mind.

I was one of those who didn't want GR out or gone and he surprised me when left, but at times, I have seen some much better Football under JE than most times with GR. For me, he needs support and more time.

Below are both records this season so far. Not much in it really, and certainly not enough to think JE is some kind of fucking inexperienced, Football numpty, who tactically doesn't know what he is doing.

GR - 17 points from 15 games F15 A19 (-4)
JE - 16 points from 16 games F16 A21 (-5)

If JE continues his point per game ratio that should be enough this season to stay up. If the chairman has faith in JE and his attempt at changing the playing style/culture at the club, I should think Cooper and a couple of others, although great servants, won't be in his A team plans. It looks like he want's younger players, probably with pace, if that's the case, it could be good news for some of our younger talent at the club in the under 18's and under 21's. And of course, those out on loan getting experience.

Professor of the bleeding obvious rant over.
Carry on.
:grinning:
Great post and spot on

When tango made his name at spurs it was roaming forward at right back.maybe right wing back might be an option.hes no centre half
Not a right back either I don't think.
He's a wing back or midfielder looks strong and like he might have an engine ,when fully fit. Problem is we're a bit overloaded with midfielders ,all down to getting the balance right.
IMHO

Not a right back either I don't think.
He's a wing back or midfielder looks strong and like he might have an engine ,when fully fit. Problem is we're a bit overloaded with midfielders ,all down to getting the balance right.
IMHO
BNC is miles better than Tanganka.

You are right to worry. Everybody is worried about that, and oppo teams must all know by now how it is.
Just, please don't run away with the idea that this is a Joe Edwards problem.
We were like this before he arrived.
I have one word to offer in evidence...BLACKBURN.
I rest my case.
Spot on, wasn't laying that at JE's door, as you say this happened under Rowett too, The buck stops with the players , the core of the team are all still here from that game, Hopefully we can limp to end of the season & stay up then look at moving some of these lads on, clearly the fight isn't there for a lot of them

Not saying it wasn’t mate but, at the kop end probably everyone would have said clash of legs and over reaction dive. It was us, ref couldn’t point quicker no second thought.

Imo 99% of refs would have given that penalty irrespective of whether it was against Ferguson's Man Utd at Old Trafford or anywhere else

It was so clear cut even VAR couldn't have got that one wrong!