Coventry v Millwall match thread

Poor result.
Why did we only start playing in the last 10 mins?
We always wait until we are behind, then we seem to show some drive and added energy. After such a dour lack of action first half, if it was the subs that made the difference, then why not make those changes at half time?

I’m all for shaking up the team a bit but I draw the line at starting voglsammer. He’s fucking rubbish.
So is Murray the amount of times his passing was poor, but so was the rest of the team. Mitchell flatters to deceive; he offers nothing offensively. Instead of clearing upfield to Bradders whose a midget compared to centre backs why not put it to the wine where his pace has more of chance, other wise we have no outlet when under pressure.

How could Rowett not see at half time that if he didn't change things they were going to score?
FFS how many times has that happened now?
Be proactive FFS.
I know they sat back after they scored, but maybe if we had made the subs earlier, we could have forced them back BEFORE they scored!
Rant over. Red wine to be finished.

Gyokres was the difference. He had energy and pace, and the skill to score a goal of that calibre. We do not have any forwards like him!

I don’t understand why Rowett took Watmore off and brought on Burke! Twice in the 2nd half Watmore went on a mazey run, but it was the 2nd of the two that showed that we had no other player who could keep up with him! Had Burke been brought on earlier, maybe he would have been there to support Watmore (and vice versa.)

Apart from Watmore and Burke we don’t have any pacy players in the team, so wouldn’t it have been better keeping both of them on?

We had 1 shot on goal, in the 2nd half, and that was from Cresswell, our centre half!

If we play like this against the Blades we will lose, and could lose heavily. Hopefully Rowett will have read the riot act to the players and they will turn in another Watford/QPR like performance and get us back into one of the play off spots!

How could Rowett not see at half time that if he didn't change things they were going to score?
FFS how many times has that happened now?
Be proactive FFS.
I know they sat back after they scored, but maybe if we had made the subs earlier, we could have forced them back BEFORE they scored!
Rant over. Red wine to be finished.
Happens game after game, obvious changes always made too late.

Coventry centre backs could have got their deckchairs out marking Bradshaw for 70 minutes. He offers nothing with the style of football we’re playing. Can’t win anything in the air and has no pace to get in behind.

Not impressed by Shackleton to be honest, don’t know what he offers. Had 2 decent chances in the 6 yard box over the last few games, Flemming back heel he hit it straight at the keeper, albeit it would have been offside, tonight he had a chance and tripped over his own feet. Prefer Leonard in front of Shackleton in the team. Wallace seems to be off the pace and no Cryuf step overs for a few games !!! Tired performance tonight like the weekend took its toll. Move on I suppose but it ain’t going to get any easier.

We always wait until we are behind, then we seem to show some drive and added energy. After such a dour lack of action first half, if it was the subs that made the difference, then why not make those changes at half time?
What I said. We were leggy I would of changed 5, obvious first 11 would not win

We had a spell around 20 mins where we looked outstanding couldn’t believe what I was watching. We need to play little one touches moving forward in units of 4. We can do it. Times we haven’t got an easy pass.

He would still be shit. It might not have dawned on a lot of fans yet but it won’t be long, he’s just not very good.
He’s not been very impressive Ilderton I have to agree, but he was outstanding on Boxing Day against Watford and should have scored more .
Needs to reach that level again.
Flemming has been very disappointing recently as well, he needs to kick on and make more impression.
Thought Esse should now be given more minutes than the last 15, but don’t expect to much from him. The expectation of the boo boys will kill him.

think we need Burke to replace Bradshaw and play or bring Esse on at some stage Sheffield will know nothing about him so could cause a surprise. Results all went against us tonight.

So is Murray the amount of times his passing was poor, but so was the rest of the team. Mitchell flatters to deceive; he offers nothing offensively. Instead of clearing upfield to Bradders whose a midget compared to centre backs why not put it to the wine where his pace has more of chance, other wise we have no outlet when under pressure.
Can’t agree about Billy. He is the engine in midfield, has a good range of passing ability and never stops. He needs a more creative box to box player alongside him. The young Essie looks like a prospect. Poor display away overall, not for the first or last time. Not too worried about it, just disappointed.